- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
WRECK: Live with Kelly and Michael
On Sept. 4, millions of stay-at-home moms tuned in to see who would sit in the empty chair once occupied by TV host Regis Philbin. Kelly walked herself out, gave a quick speech about the long and winding path to a new cohost and asked her new cohost to join her on stage.
The camera cut to New York Giant Michael Strahan stumbling out of a limousine. He joined Ripa on stage and picked her up in a giant bear hug.
With other rumored contenders, such as Josh Groban and Seth Meyers, it begs to ask the question, is this the best that ABC and Ripa could do? Yes, Strahan has the ability to keep everyone’s attention on the football field and is one of the best commentators on Fox NFL Sunday, but it’s hard to imagine that his passion for being a talk show host will remain the same when talking about the latest Hollywood gossip or upcoming movie instead of recapping Sunday’s big game.
Although in the past Strahan has drawn in big numbers as a past guest host, it’s hard to imagine that between continuing to work with Fox NFL Sunday and keeping up with Ripa’s overbearing personality, his gap-toothed smile will have the same effect down the road.