- No. 1 men’s ice hockey ties Cornell
- Following a delayed opening, the university closed after an hour
- No. 1 men’s ice hockey prepares for home weekend vs. Cornell, Colgate
- A Fresh Start
- Police continue investigation into video that led to sophomore’s arrest
- Get out and vote
- Column: Pay attention to women’s ice hockey
- Sophomore arrested for weapon possession
- QU gives $400,000 to North Haven
- Sophomore arrested and charged for having weapons in his car
Sophomore arrested after alleged assault, breach of peace
Quinnipiac sophomore Alexander Orr, 19, was arrested early Saturday morning after allegedly assaulting another student during an altercation, according to a Hamden Police press release.
Orr, of Lincoln, Mass. was charged with third-degree assault and breach of peace and was released on a $2,500 bond. He is scheduled to appear in Meriden Superior Court on Sept. 13.
Hamden Police responded to a Health Services call around 4 a.m. on Saturday. Upon arrival, police say the student was “bleeding profusely” from the head. Police say it began when the 18-year-old unidentified student engaged in a verbal altercation with Orr and became physical when Orr allegedly punched the other student in the head.
The student was transported to a local hospital by American Medical response where it was later determined that he suffered three broken bones in his nose.