- My QU 301 experience in the DR
- Students to attend World Summit
- Enterprise on the rise
- Women’s ice hockey preps for Hockey East foes
- Women’s basketball wins sixth straight over Manhattan
- Men’s basketball falls to Rider
- McLean ruled ineligible for remainder of season
- University reaches settlement in Americans with Disabilities case
- Saint Peter’s halts men’s basketball’s three-game winning streak
- Rock bottom
Sophomore arrested after alleged assault, breach of peace
Quinnipiac sophomore Alexander Orr, 19, was arrested early Saturday morning after allegedly assaulting another student during an altercation, according to a Hamden Police press release.
Orr, of Lincoln, Mass. was charged with third-degree assault and breach of peace and was released on a $2,500 bond. He is scheduled to appear in Meriden Superior Court on Sept. 13.
Hamden Police responded to a Health Services call around 4 a.m. on Saturday. Upon arrival, police say the student was “bleeding profusely” from the head. Police say it began when the 18-year-old unidentified student engaged in a verbal altercation with Orr and became physical when Orr allegedly punched the other student in the head.
The student was transported to a local hospital by American Medical response where it was later determined that he suffered three broken bones in his nose.