- Men’s basketball rolls over Lehigh
- Women’s basketball tops Drexel
- BREAKING: Domino’s delivery man robbed near York Hill
- Lahey earned nearly $3.8 million in 2012
- Women’s basketball earns first conference win
- BREAKING: CAS evacuated after reported fire
- Women’s ice hockey poised for national tourney
- ‘No justice, no peace.’
- Money Matters
- Learning Commons “doesn’t expect” finals week influx
Sophomore arrested after alleged assault, breach of peace
Quinnipiac sophomore Alexander Orr, 19, was arrested early Saturday morning after allegedly assaulting another student during an altercation, according to a Hamden Police press release.
Orr, of Lincoln, Mass. was charged with third-degree assault and breach of peace and was released on a $2,500 bond. He is scheduled to appear in Meriden Superior Court on Sept. 13.
Hamden Police responded to a Health Services call around 4 a.m. on Saturday. Upon arrival, police say the student was “bleeding profusely” from the head. Police say it began when the 18-year-old unidentified student engaged in a verbal altercation with Orr and became physical when Orr allegedly punched the other student in the head.
The student was transported to a local hospital by American Medical response where it was later determined that he suffered three broken bones in his nose.