- Paolucci, Giunta lift softball over Sacred Heart
- Connecticut hands baseball second-straight loss
- Kohle replaces Carroll as ‘Late Night’ host
- Rookie to the rotation
- Staying in the family
- Men’s lacrosse falls to Siena
- Fighting for life
- Lindsley throws no-hitter
- Maglio recovers from torn ACL
- York Hill expansion envisioned
Sophomore arrested after alleged assault, breach of peace
Quinnipiac sophomore Alexander Orr, 19, was arrested early Saturday morning after allegedly assaulting another student during an altercation, according to a Hamden Police press release.
Orr, of Lincoln, Mass. was charged with third-degree assault and breach of peace and was released on a $2,500 bond. He is scheduled to appear in Meriden Superior Court on Sept. 13.
Hamden Police responded to a Health Services call around 4 a.m. on Saturday. Upon arrival, police say the student was “bleeding profusely” from the head. Police say it began when the 18-year-old unidentified student engaged in a verbal altercation with Orr and became physical when Orr allegedly punched the other student in the head.
The student was transported to a local hospital by American Medical response where it was later determined that he suffered three broken bones in his nose.