- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
RAVE: Taylor Swift’s “Ronan”
If you still aren’t convinced that Taylor Swift is one of the sweetest people on Earth, well, now you should be. On Sept. 7, Swift debuted her new song, “Ronan,” the same day as the annual “Stand Up To Cancer” telethon. The song tells the story of a young boy’s fight to survive brain cancer, and is written from his mother’s perspective. To make an already amazingly kind gesture even sweeter, all of the proceeds go to cancer foundations, making it a win for everyone.
This isn’t the first time T-Swift has done something kind for a cancer patient. Earlier this year, she invited a boy with leukemia to the Academy of Country Music awards after she couldn’t go to his prom due to scheduling conflicts. Who does this stuff? Honestly? Let’s face it, she’s the most popular girl on the planet right now, people will love her no matter what, and yet she still goes out of her way to make people happy.
But then again, look at her. This is the girl that goes around her concerts hugging people and playing in the middle of the crowd. Is the song really that much of a surprise? Nope. So, T-Swift, thanks for continuing to stay so sweet since the moment you wiped away the teardrops on our guitars. The world needs more people like you.