- Greatness on the green
- Ebola not likely to reach the university
- Medical director: Ebola protocol in place
- Uber taxi banned on campus
- Women’s ice hockey downs Maine
- Quinnipiac Athletics Hall of Fame inducts Class of 2014
- University to promote online safety
- A new mode of transportation
- Update: Student hit by car on Sherman Ave.
- University ticketing, towing cars with fake decals
RAVE: Taylor Swift’s “Ronan”
If you still aren’t convinced that Taylor Swift is one of the sweetest people on Earth, well, now you should be. On Sept. 7, Swift debuted her new song, “Ronan,” the same day as the annual “Stand Up To Cancer” telethon. The song tells the story of a young boy’s fight to survive brain cancer, and is written from his mother’s perspective. To make an already amazingly kind gesture even sweeter, all of the proceeds go to cancer foundations, making it a win for everyone.
This isn’t the first time T-Swift has done something kind for a cancer patient. Earlier this year, she invited a boy with leukemia to the Academy of Country Music awards after she couldn’t go to his prom due to scheduling conflicts. Who does this stuff? Honestly? Let’s face it, she’s the most popular girl on the planet right now, people will love her no matter what, and yet she still goes out of her way to make people happy.
But then again, look at her. This is the girl that goes around her concerts hugging people and playing in the middle of the crowd. Is the song really that much of a surprise? Nope. So, T-Swift, thanks for continuing to stay so sweet since the moment you wiped away the teardrops on our guitars. The world needs more people like you.