- Quinnipiac University suspends men’s lacrosse team
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey rolls past Guelph in exhibition game
- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Iona, 3-1, in MAAC contest
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer dominant in win over Fairfield
- Quinnipiac field hockey defeats Georgetown in Big East battle
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer tops Central Connecticut State for second straight win
- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
RAVE: “Help Melena Meet One Direction”
The music industry has some really nice people these days. This week it’s British boy band One Direction that’s going out of its way for a fan.
“Help Melena Meet One Direction” is a Facebook page started by the sisters of a hardcore 1D fan, Melena, who has Down syndrome. The page’s intent was to get the attention of the band so they could meet her in New York City while performing at Madison Square Garden. This happened to fall a week after her Sweet 16.
After weeks of promoting the tag #helpmelenameet1D and spreading the video on Facebook, Melena and her sisters received a video from band member, Niall. Shortly after that, the girls got an even better surprise: a signed copy of One Direction’s debut record.
Although the band hasn’t met Melena yet or announced anything regarding plans to meet her, the video and CD were still incredibly sweet gestures. We can only imagine Melena’s face as she watched Niall talk to her. It’s obvious that the boys are busy these days working hard to get their sophomore record out, but taking a little time away to do something that likely changed Melena’s life was beyond kind.
Want to get in on the action? “Like” the Facebook page “Help Melena Meet One Direction” and spread the word!