- My QU 301 experience in the DR
- Students to attend World Summit
- Enterprise on the rise
- Women’s ice hockey preps for Hockey East foes
- Women’s basketball wins sixth straight over Manhattan
- Men’s basketball falls to Rider
- McLean ruled ineligible for remainder of season
- University reaches settlement in Americans with Disabilities case
- Saint Peter’s halts men’s basketball’s three-game winning streak
- Rock bottom
NBC Sports to broadcast Heroes Hat game
The annual Quinnipiac vs. Yale men’s hockey game on Friday Feb. 22 at High Point Solutions arena will be televised nationally on NBC Sports Network. Also known as the Heroes Hat Championship, the contest is one of 24 college hockey games to be televised by NBC Sports this season.
“We are very grateful to NBC Sports, ECAC Hockey and to Yale for making this happen and we are confident that teams and fans will make this an excellent broadcast from the High Point Solutions Arena at the TD Bank Sports Center,” Quinnipiac Director of Athletics and Recreation Jack McDonald said.
Last season’s contest against Yale was covered by SportsNet New York, a match-up which ended in a 2-2 tie. This season’s Heroes Hat is one of many Quinnipiac hockey games to be televised. The complete schedule is slated to be released on Oct. 2 at the Ice Hockey Media Reception.
The Heroes Hat is Connecticut sports contribution to the heroes and their families who lost their lives on Sept. 11, 2001. The Heroes Hat started out as an annual matchup between Quinnipiac and the University of Connecticut but switched to Quinnipiac and Yale once the Bobcats joined the Eastern College Athletic Conference for the 2005-2006 season.
Quinnipiac has a 3-1-2 record against the Bulldogs in the Heroes Hat series since 2007.