- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
- Women’s rugby team takes home second championship
- Women’s basketball’s upset bid against Michigan State falls short
- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
Free Ireland trip raffle
Students who attend the Dropkick Murphys concert on Sept. 28 will have the chance to win the trip of a lifetime.
Quinnipiac will be holding two raffles at the concert, which attendees will receive tickets for at the entrance. The winner of the first raffle will win an all-expenses paid trip for two to Ireland.
The winner of the trip will spend a week in Ireland with their guest, with all-expenses paid airfare and hotel accommodations.
The second raffle will offer five winners a four-pack of tickets to Yale hockey games. The winning raffle tickets will be drawn during the concert.
The Dropkick Murphys and Black 47 will be performing at Quinnipiac in celebration of Ireland’s Great Hunger Museum, Museam An Ghorta Mór, which opens on Oct. 11. The private concert is free to students, faculty and staff and will take place at 7:30 p.m. on Sept. 28 at the TD Bank Sports Center.
“The Ireland trip is sponsored by Tourism Ireland, which has partnered with Quinnipiac because of the new museum,” Director of Special Events Karla Natale said. “They are interested in promoting the museum not only locally, but also to people in Ireland and the rest of the United States.”
Ireland is also currently encouraging people from all over the world to visit their country for The Gathering 2013, which will be a yearlong celebration of the Irish culture and traditions – complete with festivals, sporting events and concerts.
“We’re encouraging all students to come out for the concert,” Natale said. “Everyone will get a free t-shirt, and they’ll have a chance at both raffles. It’s going to be a really fun evening.”
Students can pick up their free general admission tickets for the concert from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the TD Bank Sports Center ticket office at York Hill. Tickets will be also available at the North Haven Campus on Sept. 21 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.