- Verizon to install new macrocell tower
- Questioning Quinnipiac’s sustainability
- 2015 student commencement speakers selected
- University won’t increase security for May weekend
- A survivor’s story
- Breaking the silence
- One for the history books
- Drame: ‘high level’ of NBA interest after showcase
- A lasting impact
- Students to strut in sustainable dresses
BREAKING: 2 employees hospitalized after chemical spill on North Haven campus
A chemical spill in Building 4 on the North Haven Campus led to a building evacuation and two employees hospitalized for observation, according to John Morgan, associate vice president for public relations.
Around 2 p.m. today, the university received a report of a chemical spill causing a gas to be released into the air and two Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield employees who work in the building were transported to a local hospital for observation, Morgan said.
The state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and North Haven Fire Department responded and an environmental company is currently on the scene to clean up.
Follow the Chronicle for more updates.