- My QU 301 experience in the DR
- Students to attend World Summit
- Enterprise on the rise
- Women’s ice hockey preps for Hockey East foes
- Women’s basketball wins sixth straight over Manhattan
- Men’s basketball falls to Rider
- McLean ruled ineligible for remainder of season
- University reaches settlement in Americans with Disabilities case
- Saint Peter’s halts men’s basketball’s three-game winning streak
- Rock bottom
WBS Penguins sign Scott Zurevinski
Former Quinnipiac captain signs with AHL team
Former Quinnipiac men’s hockey captain Scott Zurevinski signed with the AHL’s Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Thursday.
The Penguins, who signed two other players in addition to Zurevinski, are the AHL affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Zurevinski had previously signed with the St. John’s IceCaps, the AHL affiliate of the Winnipeg Jets, on March 17. In eight games with St. John’s, Zurevinski recorded a +/- of -1, while taking eight shots on goal and notching 11 penalty minutes.
In 2011-2012, Zurevinski recorded 19 points in 39 games played with the Bobcats, including five goals. He also finished second on the team in penalty minutes with 64.
In 155 career games with the Bobcats, Zurevinski totaled 92 points, including 46 goals. Zurevinski captained the team during his junior and senior seasons after recording 30 points during his sophomore season.
He was offered a two-year contract by the Vancouver Canucks after his sophomore season, but turned it down to stay at Quinnipiac for two more years.