- Do You QU process complicated but essential
- Post office fixes technical issues with emails
- QU moves forward with Title IX field construction
- Beta Theta Pi allowed to resume operations
- Public Safety adds shuttles for Thanksgiving travel
- Let’s talk about race
- Scott Maloney inspires student athletes
- Lahey made more than $1.2 million in 2013
- The Braves Hockey Club tops UConn 10-5
- Men’s ice hockey downs Dartmouth 6-2
WBS Penguins sign Scott Zurevinski
Former Quinnipiac captain signs with AHL team
Former Quinnipiac men’s hockey captain Scott Zurevinski signed with the AHL’s Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Thursday.
The Penguins, who signed two other players in addition to Zurevinski, are the AHL affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Zurevinski had previously signed with the St. John’s IceCaps, the AHL affiliate of the Winnipeg Jets, on March 17. In eight games with St. John’s, Zurevinski recorded a +/- of -1, while taking eight shots on goal and notching 11 penalty minutes.
In 2011-2012, Zurevinski recorded 19 points in 39 games played with the Bobcats, including five goals. He also finished second on the team in penalty minutes with 64.
In 155 career games with the Bobcats, Zurevinski totaled 92 points, including 46 goals. Zurevinski captained the team during his junior and senior seasons after recording 30 points during his sophomore season.
He was offered a two-year contract by the Vancouver Canucks after his sophomore season, but turned it down to stay at Quinnipiac for two more years.