- No. 3 Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling falls to No. 2 Oregon
- Rossman sets women’s ice hockey shutout record in Senior Day win
- Men’s basketball loses overtime heart-breaker to Fairfield
- Women’s ice hockey decimates RPI as Rossman ties program shutout record
- Women’s basketball defeats Iona in MAAC Championship rematch
- Student wins Global Student Entrepreneur Award
- Students volunteer to assist local residents with tax returns
- Students, faculty participate in silent vigil to support immigrants and refugees
- Slammed with snow
- Men’s ice hockey drops close contest to Clarkson
Rave of the week: I’ll ‘Take Care’ of you
If you look up sexual chemistry in the dictionary, you will find a snapshot of rapper Drake and pop star Rihanna from the music video for Drake’s single “Take Care.”
Drake and Rihanna previously collaborated on Rihanna’s last album “Loud” with the hit “What’s My Name?” The two hit it out of the park once again in this song about acceptance and reconciling one’s past.
The music video is bare with the two essentials: Drake and Rihanna. The two act through the lyrics impeccably and it is believable both have experienced this lost love in the past. Drake and Rihanna are an irresistible force to be reckoned with together; they are electric.
Symbols of a beta fish, blue jay and bull appear throughout the video. Perhaps the fish symbolizes Rihanna, with Drake as the blue jay and Chris Brown as the bull. But that is just one theory in discovering the meaning behind the video.
Drake carries the the song, especially during his second verse:
“It’s my birthday, I’ll get high if I want to / Can’t deny that I want you, but I’ll lie if I have to / Cause you don’t say you love me / To your friends when they ask you / Even though we both know that you do.”
The two have now recorded and released two great collaborations. It is only a matter of time before the two release a full-length album together showcasing their chemistry.
“Take Care” is undoubtedly one of the best singles released this year so far.