- No. 1 men’s ice hockey ties Cornell
- Following a delayed opening, the university closed after an hour
- No. 1 men’s ice hockey prepares for home weekend vs. Cornell, Colgate
- A Fresh Start
- Police continue investigation into video that led to sophomore’s arrest
- Get out and vote
- Column: Pay attention to women’s ice hockey
- Sophomore arrested for weapon possession
- QU gives $400,000 to North Haven
- Sophomore arrested and charged for having weapons in his car
Rave of the week: I’ll ‘Take Care’ of you
If you look up sexual chemistry in the dictionary, you will find a snapshot of rapper Drake and pop star Rihanna from the music video for Drake’s single “Take Care.”
Drake and Rihanna previously collaborated on Rihanna’s last album “Loud” with the hit “What’s My Name?” The two hit it out of the park once again in this song about acceptance and reconciling one’s past.
The music video is bare with the two essentials: Drake and Rihanna. The two act through the lyrics impeccably and it is believable both have experienced this lost love in the past. Drake and Rihanna are an irresistible force to be reckoned with together; they are electric.
Symbols of a beta fish, blue jay and bull appear throughout the video. Perhaps the fish symbolizes Rihanna, with Drake as the blue jay and Chris Brown as the bull. But that is just one theory in discovering the meaning behind the video.
Drake carries the the song, especially during his second verse:
“It’s my birthday, I’ll get high if I want to / Can’t deny that I want you, but I’ll lie if I have to / Cause you don’t say you love me / To your friends when they ask you / Even though we both know that you do.”
The two have now recorded and released two great collaborations. It is only a matter of time before the two release a full-length album together showcasing their chemistry.
“Take Care” is undoubtedly one of the best singles released this year so far.