- Men’s basketball rolls over Lehigh
- Women’s basketball tops Drexel
- BREAKING: Domino’s delivery man robbed near York Hill
- Lahey earned nearly $3.8 million in 2012
- Women’s basketball earns first conference win
- BREAKING: CAS evacuated after reported fire
- Women’s ice hockey poised for national tourney
- ‘No justice, no peace.’
- Money Matters
- Learning Commons “doesn’t expect” finals week influx
Natalie Sgro announced as student commencement speaker
Senior broadcast journalism major Natalie Sgro is the student commencement speaker for both 2012 commencement ceremonies.
Sgro was notified yesterday afternoon by Public Affairs, congratulating her on her winning draft.
“It’s almost just a surreal feeling,” Sgro said. “I’m kind of shocked at the same time and excited. It’s definitely one of the highest of honors.”
The speech will be three to five minutes long and Sgro says she will try to be motivational in her speech and hopes students will feel inspired. Sgro already has a draft and plans to incorporate the spirit of the bobcat in her speech.
Sgro is starting to work with Assistant Dean of Student Affairs Daniel Brown and Public Affairs to find out the next steps in the process and to prepare for her speech.