- Keeping Jax’s memory alive
- University initiates three personnel changes
- Quinnipiac unveils new brand identity
- Quinnipiac’s Chase Priskie Selected 177th overall in 6th Round of NHL Draft by Washington Capitals
- Men’s ice hockey’s Chase Priskie improving amidst NHL draft eligibility
- Men’s lacrosse advances in first ever NCAA tournament game
- Men’s lacrosse wins MAAC Championship
- Op-Ed: Inequality for women’s sports must be addressed
- Spring Sports Awards
- Tennis triumphs
Natalie Sgro announced as student commencement speaker
Senior broadcast journalism major Natalie Sgro is the student commencement speaker for both 2012 commencement ceremonies.
Sgro was notified yesterday afternoon by Public Affairs, congratulating her on her winning draft.
“It’s almost just a surreal feeling,” Sgro said. “I’m kind of shocked at the same time and excited. It’s definitely one of the highest of honors.”
The speech will be three to five minutes long and Sgro says she will try to be motivational in her speech and hopes students will feel inspired. Sgro already has a draft and plans to incorporate the spirit of the bobcat in her speech.
Sgro is starting to work with Assistant Dean of Student Affairs Daniel Brown and Public Affairs to find out the next steps in the process and to prepare for her speech.