- Men’s soccer drops MAAC opener in OT
- Community protests after controversial Snapchat photo
- ‘Lo’ and Behold
- Field hockey sisters bring Spanish influence to the team
- Student facing disciplinary action for posting racist Snapchat photo
- University hires former New Haven Police Chief
- Watch your words
- Old fashion isn’t overrated
- Is change always for the better?
- Men’s soccer shuts out Yale
Natalie Sgro announced as student commencement speaker
Senior broadcast journalism major Natalie Sgro is the student commencement speaker for both 2012 commencement ceremonies.
Sgro was notified yesterday afternoon by Public Affairs, congratulating her on her winning draft.
“It’s almost just a surreal feeling,” Sgro said. “I’m kind of shocked at the same time and excited. It’s definitely one of the highest of honors.”
The speech will be three to five minutes long and Sgro says she will try to be motivational in her speech and hopes students will feel inspired. Sgro already has a draft and plans to incorporate the spirit of the bobcat in her speech.
Sgro is starting to work with Assistant Dean of Student Affairs Daniel Brown and Public Affairs to find out the next steps in the process and to prepare for her speech.