- Possible parking changes announced for 2017-2018 academic school year
- Recent New York legislature may impact Quinnipiac enrollment
- Power at the plate
- Chase Priskie named 2017-18 men’s ice hockey team captain at banquet
- Peter Kiss leaving Quinnipiac men’s basketball for Rutgers
- Quinnipiac splits doubleheader against Siena
- Baseball cruises to 13-1 victory over Saint Peter’s
- Rick Seeley court documents date abuse since 2009-2010
- SGA approves 2017-2018 budgets
- Quinnipiac to host 2019 Women’s Frozen Four
Students volunteer with Zac Efron in New York City
Most girls only dream about being in the presence of actor Zac Efron. The members of QU Future Teachers Organization had that dream come true in the New York City Public Library Friday, March 2.
Members of the QU Future Teachers Organization attended a literacy event in New York City celebrating Dr. Seuss’ 108th birthday and the premiere of the film “The Lorax,” with actors Danny Devito and Zac Efron.
The organization’s secretary, senior Gina Peluso; historian, senior Laura McFee; co-president, senior Jaclyn Cassiere; and treasurer, sophomore Victoria Formica celebrated Read Across America Day in the New York Public Library, where they volunteered with Devito and Efron.“I was elated to meet both Zac Efron and Danny DeVito, I’m a big fan of both of them,” McFee said. “NEA’s Read Across America event that they participated in was incredibly successful-all of the students had a great time listening to them read ‘The Lorax.’”
The National Education Association invited the executive board members due to their involvement with the Connecticut Education Association Student Program.
“It was an amazing opportunity to be a part of a national literacy event,” Cassiere said.
More than 300 students from New York City public schools attended the event, according to nea.org.