- McKenna takes on new position
- Amodio to serve as new athletic director
- University to request to build 300 beds
- McDonald to serve as UNE director of athletics
- Students to lose Internet for part of finals weekend
- Speaking up for the misrepresented
- Professors, students find course evaluations helpful
- Grilling for a good cause
- Evan Conti signs with professional agent
- More than your average intern
Students volunteer with Zac Efron in New York City
Most girls only dream about being in the presence of actor Zac Efron. The members of QU Future Teachers Organization had that dream come true in the New York City Public Library Friday, March 2.
Members of the QU Future Teachers Organization attended a literacy event in New York City celebrating Dr. Seuss’ 108th birthday and the premiere of the film “The Lorax,” with actors Danny Devito and Zac Efron.
The organization’s secretary, senior Gina Peluso; historian, senior Laura McFee; co-president, senior Jaclyn Cassiere; and treasurer, sophomore Victoria Formica celebrated Read Across America Day in the New York Public Library, where they volunteered with Devito and Efron.“I was elated to meet both Zac Efron and Danny DeVito, I’m a big fan of both of them,” McFee said. “NEA’s Read Across America event that they participated in was incredibly successful-all of the students had a great time listening to them read ‘The Lorax.’”
The National Education Association invited the executive board members due to their involvement with the Connecticut Education Association Student Program.
“It was an amazing opportunity to be a part of a national literacy event,” Cassiere said.
More than 300 students from New York City public schools attended the event, according to nea.org.