- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
- Women’s rugby team takes home second championship
- Women’s basketball’s upset bid against Michigan State falls short
- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
RAVE of the week: Taylor Swift the Saint
It’s official, Taylor Swift is one of the nicest celebrities ever. Don’t believe me? Here’s proof.
Kevin McGuire, an 18-year-old football star that has been battling leukemia for nearly five years has recently relapsed, according to Perez Hilton reports. As a way to cheer Kevin up during this rough time, his sister took to Facebook to publicly ask Taylor Swift to be his date for the senior prom. After celebrity gossip queen Perez Hilton and other stars discovered the page, the word eventually spread to T-Swift, and Kevin received an offer to go to the American Country Music Awards instead — as Taylor’s date.
Taylor Swift is arguably one of the most popular females on Earth. She has millions of dedicated fans and the ability to get away with anything. She didn’t have to ask Kevin to one of country music’s biggest nights. She could have just said she was unable to go his prom and left it at that. But no, this is Taylor Swift; a person with a heart of gold. Once again, Swift has gone out of her way for a fan, and proved to the world just why we love her so much. Obviously, he accepted her offer.