- Quinnipiac hires Baker Dunleavy as men’s basketball coach, per reports
- South Carolina ends Quinnipiac’s tournament run in Sweet 16
- Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling dominates Glenville State
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball takes on South Carolina in Sweet 16
- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
RAVE of the week: Taylor Swift the Saint
It’s official, Taylor Swift is one of the nicest celebrities ever. Don’t believe me? Here’s proof.
Kevin McGuire, an 18-year-old football star that has been battling leukemia for nearly five years has recently relapsed, according to Perez Hilton reports. As a way to cheer Kevin up during this rough time, his sister took to Facebook to publicly ask Taylor Swift to be his date for the senior prom. After celebrity gossip queen Perez Hilton and other stars discovered the page, the word eventually spread to T-Swift, and Kevin received an offer to go to the American Country Music Awards instead — as Taylor’s date.
Taylor Swift is arguably one of the most popular females on Earth. She has millions of dedicated fans and the ability to get away with anything. She didn’t have to ask Kevin to one of country music’s biggest nights. She could have just said she was unable to go his prom and left it at that. But no, this is Taylor Swift; a person with a heart of gold. Once again, Swift has gone out of her way for a fan, and proved to the world just why we love her so much. Obviously, he accepted her offer.