- Sound the horn
- Sarah Pandolfi back and better following season-long injury
- Women’s soccer edges out Fairfield for first MAAC win
- Mac Miller, Mick Jenkins impress with new albums
- “Study” Time: Game Night
- Brangelina: Love is dead
- T.I.’s ‘Warzone’ makes a statement
- Hidden Hydration
- Student by day, DJ by night
- Men’s soccer drops MAAC opener in OT
Murray Lender dies at 81
Murray Lender, the man who the School of Business is named after, died yesterday in a hospital in Miami from complications from a fall 10 weeks ago, according to a report in the Associated Press.“I am deeply saddened to report to you that Murray Lender ’50, vice chairman of the University’s Board of Trustees, passed away yesterday,” Quinnipiac President John Lahey said. “Murray’s 24-year tenure as a member of the board helped to guide Quinnipiac’s emergence as a nationally ranked university.”
The man most famous for Lender’s Bagels, which started in New Haven in 1927, graduated from the university in 1950. His largest donation to his alma mater was the Lender School of Business.
The university did not immediately respond to a request for comment.