- Quinnipiac baseball splits the double-header with Canisius
- Possible parking changes announced for 2017-2018 academic school year
- Recent New York legislature may impact Quinnipiac enrollment
- Power at the plate
- Chase Priskie named 2017-18 men’s ice hockey team captain at banquet
- Peter Kiss leaving Quinnipiac men’s basketball for Rutgers
- Quinnipiac splits doubleheader against Siena
- Baseball cruises to 13-1 victory over Saint Peter’s
- Rick Seeley court documents date abuse since 2009-2010
- SGA approves 2017-2018 budgets
Board of trustees member Bill Weldon to retire as CEO of Johnson & Johnson
Bill Weldon, Johnson & Johnson’s CEO and member of Quinnipiac’s Board of Trustees, announced Tuesday he will retire from his longtime position at the health care giant in April, according to the Associated Press.The announcement comes after a two-year string of product recalls that has cost the company millions of dollars and consumers. Weldon will remain chairman of the board of J&J, and the official transfer will be on April 26, the day of the next annual shareholders meeting.
Weldon graduated from Quinnipiac in 1971 with a degree in Biology. He was not immediately available for comment.
Asked if Weldon will step down as a member of Quinnipiac’s Board of Trustees, Lynn Bushnell, Quinnipiac’s vice president for public affairs, responded, “We have no reason to believe that.”
Stay with quchronicle.com for updates.