- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Board of trustees member Bill Weldon to retire as CEO of Johnson & Johnson
Bill Weldon, Johnson & Johnson’s CEO and member of Quinnipiac’s Board of Trustees, announced Tuesday he will retire from his longtime position at the health care giant in April, according to the Associated Press.The announcement comes after a two-year string of product recalls that has cost the company millions of dollars and consumers. Weldon will remain chairman of the board of J&J, and the official transfer will be on April 26, the day of the next annual shareholders meeting.
Weldon graduated from Quinnipiac in 1971 with a degree in Biology. He was not immediately available for comment.
Asked if Weldon will step down as a member of Quinnipiac’s Board of Trustees, Lynn Bushnell, Quinnipiac’s vice president for public affairs, responded, “We have no reason to believe that.”
Stay with quchronicle.com for updates.