- Men’s soccer drops MAAC opener in OT
- Community protests after controversial Snapchat photo
- ‘Lo’ and Behold
- Field hockey sisters bring Spanish influence to the team
- Student facing disciplinary action for posting racist Snapchat photo
- University hires former New Haven Police Chief
- Watch your words
- Old fashion isn’t overrated
- Is change always for the better?
- Men’s soccer shuts out Yale
Board of trustees member Bill Weldon to retire as CEO of Johnson & Johnson
Bill Weldon, Johnson & Johnson’s CEO and member of Quinnipiac’s Board of Trustees, announced Tuesday he will retire from his longtime position at the health care giant in April, according to the Associated Press.The announcement comes after a two-year string of product recalls that has cost the company millions of dollars and consumers. Weldon will remain chairman of the board of J&J, and the official transfer will be on April 26, the day of the next annual shareholders meeting.
Weldon graduated from Quinnipiac in 1971 with a degree in Biology. He was not immediately available for comment.
Asked if Weldon will step down as a member of Quinnipiac’s Board of Trustees, Lynn Bushnell, Quinnipiac’s vice president for public affairs, responded, “We have no reason to believe that.”
Stay with quchronicle.com for updates.