- No. 3 Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling falls to No. 2 Oregon
- Rossman sets women’s ice hockey shutout record in Senior Day win
- Men’s basketball loses overtime heart-breaker to Fairfield
- Women’s ice hockey decimates RPI as Rossman ties program shutout record
- Women’s basketball defeats Iona in MAAC Championship rematch
- Student wins Global Student Entrepreneur Award
- Students volunteer to assist local residents with tax returns
- Students, faculty participate in silent vigil to support immigrants and refugees
- Slammed with snow
- Men’s ice hockey drops close contest to Clarkson
Rave of the Week: Project Runway All Stars
The only thing familiar about “Project Runway All Stars” is the contestants’ faces. Everything else has been revamped on this top rated Lifetime show. In its tenth season, 13 designers who came close to winning the top designer title have been brought back for another chance to win. However, designers have to impress an entirely new set of judges, comprised of Isaac Mizrahi, Georgina Chapman, co-founder of the fashion label Marchesa, and host Angela Lindvall, who gives an entirely new accent to former host Heidi Klum’s famous phrase, “auf wiedersehen.” For Lindvall, a simple “you’re out” suffices. Acting as mentor for the designers is no longer Tim Gunn, but Joanna Cole, Marie Claire magazine’s editor-in-chief. As opposed to Gunn’s moral support and hugs, Cole doles out serious constructive criticism.
The changes are refreshing and bring an entirely new vibe to the competition. In last week’s episode, contestants were asked to design an outfit for Miss Piggy to wear during “The Muppets” premiere. These designers know what they are doing, which eliminates the catty workroom drama and leaves viewers in awe of the amazing clothes constructed despite the always unconventional challenges. Tune in to “Project Runway All Stars” on Thursdays at 9 p.m. on Lifetime.