- Public Safety escorts professor off campus
- SGA budget brings stress, frustration and potential protests
- The QU Farmers Market makes a comeback
- Another series of email scams at Quinnipiac
- The next forgotten genocide?
- Performing for Puerto Rico
- Worrisome weather
- Quinnipiac softball swept by red-hot Monmouth in doubleheader
- Quinnipiac men’s tennis loses perfect MAAC season on Senior Day
- Quinnipiac women’s tennis falls to Middlebury in regular season finale
Rave of the Week: Project Runway All Stars
The only thing familiar about “Project Runway All Stars” is the contestants’ faces. Everything else has been revamped on this top rated Lifetime show. In its tenth season, 13 designers who came close to winning the top designer title have been brought back for another chance to win. However, designers have to impress an entirely new set of judges, comprised of Isaac Mizrahi, Georgina Chapman, co-founder of the fashion label Marchesa, and host Angela Lindvall, who gives an entirely new accent to former host Heidi Klum’s famous phrase, “auf wiedersehen.” For Lindvall, a simple “you’re out” suffices. Acting as mentor for the designers is no longer Tim Gunn, but Joanna Cole, Marie Claire magazine’s editor-in-chief. As opposed to Gunn’s moral support and hugs, Cole doles out serious constructive criticism.
The changes are refreshing and bring an entirely new vibe to the competition. In last week’s episode, contestants were asked to design an outfit for Miss Piggy to wear during “The Muppets” premiere. These designers know what they are doing, which eliminates the catty workroom drama and leaves viewers in awe of the amazing clothes constructed despite the always unconventional challenges. Tune in to “Project Runway All Stars” on Thursdays at 9 p.m. on Lifetime.