- Possible parking changes announced for 2017-2018 academic school year
- Recent New York legislature may impact Quinnipiac enrollment
- Power at the plate
- Chase Priskie named 2017-18 men’s ice hockey team captain at banquet
- Peter Kiss leaving Quinnipiac men’s basketball for Rutgers
- Quinnipiac splits doubleheader against Siena
- Baseball cruises to 13-1 victory over Saint Peter’s
- Rick Seeley court documents date abuse since 2009-2010
- SGA approves 2017-2018 budgets
- Quinnipiac to host 2019 Women’s Frozen Four
A Snow Ball hits Rocky Top
Last Friday night, the Quinnipiac Ballroom Society danced the night away during the first Snow Ball event, held in the Rocky Top Student Center.
According to Cat Makuch, QBS’ sophomore vice president, the group members spent the semester learning “all different types of dance: from the hustle, to the waltz, to salsa and everything in between.”
According to senior Catherine Liu, the atmosphere was one of comfortable excitement.
“The people were so nice, there was a wonderful variety of music, and I learned a lot of new dances; even the foxtrot,” Liu said.
The music is a part of the society that John Midy, QBS’ senior co-president, was particularly excited about the event’s music. He said that many people may be surprised to see the club pair modern music and classical dance styles.
“You can take these dances out,” Midy said. “You can take them to Toad’s.”
Senior Allison McLaughlin also enjoyed the event.
“I loved it, even more than I expected to,” McLaughlin said. “The dance moves and tutorials were a lot of fun, and I’m definitely not going to feel awkward on the dance floor now.”
The Snow Ball was full of smiles and laughter, as people danced and watched performances that brought the Rocky Top Student Center back to a sweet and simple time, with all of the appeal of today’s music. The group represented many different skill levels at a relaxed and enjoyable event that featured lighthearted participation and enjoyment.
The Quinnipiac Ballroom Society will host another event, Dancing With the QU Stars, on Friday, March 23. During the event, QBS will raise money for Camp Sunshine, a camp for children with life-threatening illnesses.
Until then, QBS will continue to meet every Wednesday night at 9:30 p.m. in Studio A in the Fitness Center.