- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
RAVE of the week: Wait…Bieber can rap?
Bieber’s freestyle over Jay-Z and Kanye West’s “Otis” last week on Power 106 FM was simply stunning. He started off slow, using some of the song’s original lyrics as inspiration, but once he got into it, he went hard.
He raps: “Riding in an all-black Benz with the all-black rims / And we looking at some tens through our all-black lenses.”
I could have sworn I was listening to Yeezy rap, but no. It was the Biebs.
He continues: “Hated by jealousy cause they envy me.”
In its entirety, his rap is a combination of Mac Miller’s lyricism with Chris Webby’s flow – and that’s a compliment to the teenage heartthrob. Part of me thought he actually was a pro rapper rather than a pop star trying to impersonate one.
If Biebs sticks with rapping, his haters might eat their words. Even I have some newfound respect for him.
I expect him to freestyle over “8 Mile” next to see if he’s the real deal. I really hope this isn’t a fluke. If it’s not maybe we can expect a mixtape from him.