- Women’s ice hockey escapes Maine in season opener
- Don’t be afraid to let go of what hurts you
- Just because it’s not “hard news,” doesn’t mean it’s “not news”
- Sound the horn
- Sarah Pandolfi back and better following season-long injury
- Women’s soccer edges out Fairfield for first MAAC win
- Mac Miller, Mick Jenkins impress with new albums
- “Study” Time: Game Night
- Brangelina: Love is dead
- T.I.’s ‘Warzone’ makes a statement
RAVE of the week: ‘Once Upon a Time’
The Evil Queen curses all of the fairy tale characters to a place with no happily ever afters. They find themselves outside of their magical world and in fictional Storybrooke, Maine with different lives and no memories of their past.
Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison) is Snow White’s daughter saved just before the curse took into effect. With no recollection of her past, she is back in Storybrooke trying to fix the curse with the help of the son she gave away at 18, Henry (Jared Gilmore). Henry is the adopted son of the mayor of Storybrooke, Regina Mills, aka the Evil Queen.
The series plays similarly to “Lost” with a mix of present day and flashbacks. Parrilla sizzles as Regina Mills/Evil Queen. Likewise, Robert Carlyle is sensational and Emmy-worthy as Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold.
“Once Upon a Time” airs Sundays at 8 p.m. on ABC.