- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Quinnipiac women’s rugby falls to Eastern Illinois
EIU's offense too strong as Bobcats lose 66-3.
Quinnipiac women’s rugby dropped its match to Eastern Illinois Sunday, 66-3.
“From the very first scrum Quinnipiac was simply outmatched strength-wise,” Bobcats head coach Becky Carlson said. “Fundamentally, we are comparable programs but pound-for-pound they just flat out beat us today.”
Krystin Orrico recorded Quinnipiac’s only score of the match, a penalty kick in the final minutes.
Quinnipiac consistently had trouble setting rucks, which led to its defeat against Eastern’s strong offense. Panthers junior Lauren Doyle was responsible for nearly half of her team’s points, recording 31, and contributing five trys to the victory.
Eastern Illinois took an early lead in the contest, recording a try in just the first minute. The Panthers offensive success continued, and the score was 27-0 by the half. Their success continued early in the second half, as Eastern Illinois extended its lead to 49-0 with 25 minutes of play remaining. Three Panthers scored in the next 15 minutes to seal the match.
“Eastern Illinois participates in an extremely physically demanding strength and conditioning program compared to Quinnipiac’s and it absolutely showed today,” said Carlson.
Quinnipiac squares off against West Chester Saturday, Nov. 12 at 11 a.m.