- Quinnipiac University suspends men’s lacrosse team
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey rolls past Guelph in exhibition game
- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Iona, 3-1, in MAAC contest
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer dominant in win over Fairfield
- Quinnipiac field hockey defeats Georgetown in Big East battle
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer tops Central Connecticut State for second straight win
- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
Quinnipiac women’s rugby falls to Eastern Illinois
EIU's offense too strong as Bobcats lose 66-3.
Quinnipiac women’s rugby dropped its match to Eastern Illinois Sunday, 66-3.
“From the very first scrum Quinnipiac was simply outmatched strength-wise,” Bobcats head coach Becky Carlson said. “Fundamentally, we are comparable programs but pound-for-pound they just flat out beat us today.”
Krystin Orrico recorded Quinnipiac’s only score of the match, a penalty kick in the final minutes.
Quinnipiac consistently had trouble setting rucks, which led to its defeat against Eastern’s strong offense. Panthers junior Lauren Doyle was responsible for nearly half of her team’s points, recording 31, and contributing five trys to the victory.
Eastern Illinois took an early lead in the contest, recording a try in just the first minute. The Panthers offensive success continued, and the score was 27-0 by the half. Their success continued early in the second half, as Eastern Illinois extended its lead to 49-0 with 25 minutes of play remaining. Three Panthers scored in the next 15 minutes to seal the match.
“Eastern Illinois participates in an extremely physically demanding strength and conditioning program compared to Quinnipiac’s and it absolutely showed today,” said Carlson.
Quinnipiac squares off against West Chester Saturday, Nov. 12 at 11 a.m.