- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
Quinnipiac women’s rugby falls to Eastern Illinois
EIU's offense too strong as Bobcats lose 66-3.
Quinnipiac women’s rugby dropped its match to Eastern Illinois Sunday, 66-3.
“From the very first scrum Quinnipiac was simply outmatched strength-wise,” Bobcats head coach Becky Carlson said. “Fundamentally, we are comparable programs but pound-for-pound they just flat out beat us today.”
Krystin Orrico recorded Quinnipiac’s only score of the match, a penalty kick in the final minutes.
Quinnipiac consistently had trouble setting rucks, which led to its defeat against Eastern’s strong offense. Panthers junior Lauren Doyle was responsible for nearly half of her team’s points, recording 31, and contributing five trys to the victory.
Eastern Illinois took an early lead in the contest, recording a try in just the first minute. The Panthers offensive success continued, and the score was 27-0 by the half. Their success continued early in the second half, as Eastern Illinois extended its lead to 49-0 with 25 minutes of play remaining. Three Panthers scored in the next 15 minutes to seal the match.
“Eastern Illinois participates in an extremely physically demanding strength and conditioning program compared to Quinnipiac’s and it absolutely showed today,” said Carlson.
Quinnipiac squares off against West Chester Saturday, Nov. 12 at 11 a.m.