- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
- Freshman reflect, Seniors say goodbye
- Wawa Craze
Quinnipiac men’s basketball pair’s hearing postponed
The hearing for Quinnipiac men’s basketball players James Johnson and Ike Azotam was postponed to Dec. 8.
Defense attorney Thomas Lynch said he spoke with the prosecutor this morning before the hearing was scheduled and decided to move the date of the hearing.
Neither Johnson nor Azotam appeared before the court today.
The hearing was originally scheduled for Oct. 24 and postponed to this morning pending an additional police report.
Johnson, a 21-year-old senior, and Azotam, a 20-year-old sophomore, were charged with assault and breach of peace on Sept. 18 after an on-campus fight. They pleaded not guilty to the charges at their arraignment Sept. 26. The students were sanctioned by the university on Oct. 6.
Quinnipiac men’s basketball head coach Tom Moore suspended Johnson for the season opener last Friday against Fairfield , but he was playing along with Azotam last night against Yale.