- Men’s soccer drops MAAC opener in OT
- Community protests after controversial Snapchat photo
- ‘Lo’ and Behold
- Field hockey sisters bring Spanish influence to the team
- Student facing disciplinary action for posting racist Snapchat photo
- University hires former New Haven Police Chief
- Watch your words
- Old fashion isn’t overrated
- Is change always for the better?
- Men’s soccer shuts out Yale
Candidates debate student debt
Ron Paul’s plan
three decade inflation of 100%, college tuition up 500%
root of the problem is the Federal Reserve
no cuts in student loans for those relying on or soon to be relying on them
programs to be administered on state, local and private levels
Read Jeremy Stull’s opinion on this plan here.
Barack Obama’s plan
Implements changes in student loan procedures next year instead of 2014
Reduces monthly loan payments from 15 to 10 percent of income
20 year debt forgiveness plan instead of 25
Loans from both Federal Family Education Loan Program and direct federal aid can be consolidated with lower interest rates
Read Jamie Hill’s opinion of this plan here.