- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
Quinnipiac women’s soccer falls to Mount St. Mary’s
Del Mistro scores lone goal in 4-1 loss
After a bounce-back win against Monmouth Friday, the Quinnipiac women’s soccer team lost 4-1, to NEC opponent Mount St. Mary’s Sunday.Mount St. Mary’s Kelly Baker scored the game’s first goal in the 36th minute off of assists from teammates Andrea Bujacich and Sadie Winship. The Mountaineers (6-8-2, 4-4 NEC) extended the lead to two goals in the 53rd minute after an unassisted goal by Jackie Corley.After going down 2-0, in the second half, senior midfielder Kristina Del Mistro scored her first goal of the season as the lone goal for the Bobcats (4-9-1, 3-5) in the 73rd minute off a pass from graduate student Kyla Miles.
After Del Mistro’s goal cut the lead down to one, the Mountaineers managed to add two more, bringing the lead to 4-1.
“We didn’t take our chances today,” Quinnipiac head coach Dave Clarke said. “Even though we won, 2-1, on Friday, to who I think is one of the best teams in the league, we’ve continued to make the same mistakes we’ve been making all year.”
The Bobcats were outshot by the Mountaineers, 17-10 with each team taking five corner kicks. Senior goalie Jill Kelley made six saves on the day for the Bobcats.
The Bobcats return to action Friday when they play their final two NEC games of the regular season.