- Quinnipiac baseball drops two games against Monmouth on Saturday
- Men’s lacrosse finishes regular season with undefeated conference record
- Softball shuts out Sacred Heart in win
- Fetty finally came our way
- Baseball defeats Massachusetts 7-0
- Chartwells donates to QU301 service trip
- Beta Theta Pi raises $3,300 for Cancer Research
- Quinnipiac’s Relay for Life paints the campus purple
- 3+1 Communications program to start Fall 2016
- May weekend: A history
Quinnipiac volleyball swept by Sacred Heart
Bobcats unable to ignite offense against undefeated Pioneers
Quinnipiac volleyball was swept by Sacred Heart University, 3-0, Sunday at the Pitt Center.
Sophomore Olivia Grattan led the team with four kills, bringing her total to 101 kills on the season, second on the team.Sacred Heart was able to dominate all three sets (25-11, 25- 10 and 25-9) to remain undefeated in Northeast Conference play.
The Pioneers had 40 kills compared to 15 kills by the Bobcats, and nearly tripled their amount of assists, as the Pioneers had 38 opposed to the 14 assists by the Bobcats.
Sophomore Bonnie Conklin and junior Taylor Payne combined for a total of seven of Quinnipiac’s 15 kills on the day.
Tierra Allen played in her second straight game from injury, playing in two of the three sets. Allen was able to contribute one kill for the Bobcats.
The Bobcats (2-17, 1-5 NEC) committed 18 attack errors while the Pioneers (16-5, 6-0) had just 10.
Kimmee Roleder and Johanna Ovsenek combined for 23 kills for Sacred Heart, while also combining for 10 digs.
Quinnipiac returns to action on Saturday against conference opponent Saint Francis (Pa.) at 2 p.m.