- Rugby looks to repeat as national champions with playoffs approaching
- Volleyball remains humble through newfound success
- Dean of School of Education dies at 51
- A second home in Hamden
- Men’s ice hockey takes 3-2 win over UMass despite power-play woes
- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac women’s hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
Quinnipiac volleyball swept by Blackbirds
Brittanie Robinson's team-high 10 kills not enough for Bobcats
The Bobcats stuck with LIU throughout the first set, never trailing by more than three points, but errors ended up being there demise with seven in the first set, as they fell 25-23.
The Bobcats struggled in the second set with only eight kills and committed eight errors. The Blackbirds buried the Bobcats with an early 8-0 run, taking the second set 25-12.
The Bobcats stayed close throughout the beginning of the third set until LIU went on a 5-0 run to put them up 18-13. From that point the Bobcats couldn’t catch up and ended up losing 25-20.
The Bobcats take on Saint Francis (N.Y.) for the second time this season Sunday at 1 p.m.