- Women’s ice hockey escapes Maine in season opener
- Don’t be afraid to let go of what hurts you
- Just because it’s not “hard news,” doesn’t mean it’s “not news”
- Sound the horn
- Sarah Pandolfi back and better following season-long injury
- Women’s soccer edges out Fairfield for first MAAC win
- Mac Miller, Mick Jenkins impress with new albums
- “Study” Time: Game Night
- Brangelina: Love is dead
- T.I.’s ‘Warzone’ makes a statement
QU Snow heading North for winter
“I love how much fun we have, and I love the relaxed vibe we give off,” QU Snow President Christina Kozachek said. “Everyone works together here.”
There are three trips planned: Stratton, Vt., on Feb. 12, Killington, Vt., on Feb. 19, and Mount Snow, Vt., on March 3.
“I think QU Snow gives students a good opportunity to get to ski and bond with their classmates,” sophomore Stephanie Klausen said. “The prices of the trips are much cheaper than going skiing on your own, which helps a lot of students who want to ski but maybe normally wouldn’t be able to afford it.”
QU Snow also plans to attend Snow Jam, a ski trip to Quebec from Feb. 10-12. For $329, the package includes roundtrip transportation, two nights accommodation and a two-day lift ticket.
QU Snow’s trip committee stresses that the trips aren’t exclusively for members of the club. The club encourages all students to buy tickets, which will be sold later in the semester in the Carl Hansen and the Rocky Top Student Centers.
On Dec. 2, QU Snow will be holding a BBQ open to all Quinnipiac students. “We’re a cool club,” Kozachek said. “We can handle the cold and barbecue in December!”
QU Snow meets on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. in Buckman.