- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey rolls past Guelph in exhibition game
- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Iona, 3-1, in MAAC contest
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer dominant in win over Fairfield
- Quinnipiac field hockey defeats Georgetown in Big East battle
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer tops Central Connecticut State for second straight win
- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
- Students’ families displaced after Massachusetts fires on Thursday
Women’s soccer earns first conference win
Furtuna Velaj's two goals lead the Bobcats to a 4-2 win over Fairleigh Dickinson
The Quinnipiac Bobcats women’s soccer squad traveled to Teaneck, N.J. Friday evening looking for its second win of the season. After putting up four goals against the Northeast Conference (NEC)-rival Fairleigh Dickinson Knights, the Bobcats accomplished this task, defeating the Knights 4-2.
Quinnipiac (2-5-1, 1-1 NEC) struck quickly in the first half, when at just under the two-minute mark, senior Furtuna Velaj scorched one past Knights goalie Stephanie Tanzi off of a throw-in. With another goal by Velaj, the Bobcats tallied three goals before the half, including a score by Crystal Burns.
Senior goalkeeper Jill Kelley saved two of the four shots she faced for the Bobcats, containing the Knights (3-6-1, 0-2) to two second-half goals off the feet of Lisa-Marie Curti and Alexa Tirelli. Still, midfielder Shauna Edwards would add one more for Quinnipiac to insure the victory.
With the two-score performance, Furtuna Velaj raises her goal total to five on the season.
Fairleigh Dickinson dropped its third consecutive loss in the effort and will stay home to face Central Connecticut State Sunday.
Quinnipiac will travel back to Hamden for an October 7 matchup against Robert Morris, where the team will look to improve upon their start in NEC play.