- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
- International students celebrate Thanksgiving
- New university website aimed at prospective students
- SGA pushes for new desks in Tator Hall
Women’s soccer can’t hold lead vs. Canisius
Two quick goals from Furtuna Velaj gave the Quinnipiac Bobcats the lead early in the second half. But the Bobcats couldn’t hold on and settled for a 2-2 tie with Canisius.
After falling behind early in the first half, the Bobcats responded in the second half. Velaj scored five minutes into the half to tie the game at 1. Then just 2:37 later Velaj struck again to give the Bobcats the lead.
But the Golden Griffins wouldn’t go down without a fight. Kelly Reinwald scored her third goal of the season to tie the game. And the score would remain that way through the rest of regulation and two overtimes.
Mallory Illsley started the scoring early in the first half. Illsley received a corner from Reinwald and deposited the ball in the back of the net for the Golden Griffins.
Bobcats’ keeper Jillian Kelley and Golden Griffins’ keeper Caroline Robert finished with six saves each.
The Bobcats continue their road trip Sunday at Siena.