- Quinnipiac baseball splits the double-header with Canisius
- Possible parking changes announced for 2017-2018 academic school year
- Recent New York legislature may impact Quinnipiac enrollment
- Power at the plate
- Chase Priskie named 2017-18 men’s ice hockey team captain at banquet
- Peter Kiss leaving Quinnipiac men’s basketball for Rutgers
- Quinnipiac splits doubleheader against Siena
- Baseball cruises to 13-1 victory over Saint Peter’s
- Rick Seeley court documents date abuse since 2009-2010
- SGA approves 2017-2018 budgets
Women’s soccer can’t hold lead vs. Canisius
Two quick goals from Furtuna Velaj gave the Quinnipiac Bobcats the lead early in the second half. But the Bobcats couldn’t hold on and settled for a 2-2 tie with Canisius.
After falling behind early in the first half, the Bobcats responded in the second half. Velaj scored five minutes into the half to tie the game at 1. Then just 2:37 later Velaj struck again to give the Bobcats the lead.
But the Golden Griffins wouldn’t go down without a fight. Kelly Reinwald scored her third goal of the season to tie the game. And the score would remain that way through the rest of regulation and two overtimes.
Mallory Illsley started the scoring early in the first half. Illsley received a corner from Reinwald and deposited the ball in the back of the net for the Golden Griffins.
Bobcats’ keeper Jillian Kelley and Golden Griffins’ keeper Caroline Robert finished with six saves each.
The Bobcats continue their road trip Sunday at Siena.