- Quinnipiac University suspends men’s lacrosse team
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey rolls past Guelph in exhibition game
- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Iona, 3-1, in MAAC contest
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer dominant in win over Fairfield
- Quinnipiac field hockey defeats Georgetown in Big East battle
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer tops Central Connecticut State for second straight win
- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
Women’s soccer can’t hold lead vs. Canisius
Two quick goals from Furtuna Velaj gave the Quinnipiac Bobcats the lead early in the second half. But the Bobcats couldn’t hold on and settled for a 2-2 tie with Canisius.
After falling behind early in the first half, the Bobcats responded in the second half. Velaj scored five minutes into the half to tie the game at 1. Then just 2:37 later Velaj struck again to give the Bobcats the lead.
But the Golden Griffins wouldn’t go down without a fight. Kelly Reinwald scored her third goal of the season to tie the game. And the score would remain that way through the rest of regulation and two overtimes.
Mallory Illsley started the scoring early in the first half. Illsley received a corner from Reinwald and deposited the ball in the back of the net for the Golden Griffins.
Bobcats’ keeper Jillian Kelley and Golden Griffins’ keeper Caroline Robert finished with six saves each.
The Bobcats continue their road trip Sunday at Siena.