- Public Safety escorts professor off campus
- SGA budget brings stress, frustration and potential protests
- The QU Farmers Market makes a comeback
- Another series of email scams at Quinnipiac
- The next forgotten genocide?
- Performing for Puerto Rico
- Worrisome weather
- Quinnipiac softball swept by red-hot Monmouth in doubleheader
- Quinnipiac men’s tennis loses perfect MAAC season on Senior Day
- Quinnipiac women’s tennis falls to Middlebury in regular season finale
Women’s hockey falls in season-opener
Mercyhurst shuts out the Bobcats, 4-0
The Quinnipiac women’s hockey team played its first game of the regular season at No. 8 Mercyhurst on Friday, but lost in a shutout, 4-0.
The Bobcats (0-1) allowed two goals in the first period. The first goal came with 11:16 left, when Bailey Bram scored on a short-handed shot. The second goal came with 2:49 when the Lakers’ Kelley Steadman took advantage of their power-play, and was assisted by Caroline Luczak and Christine Bestland.
In the second period, Mercyhurst (1-0) continued to deliver on the offensive, shooting 10 times before finally recording a third goal halfway through the period. Bestland recorded the goal and was assisted by Steadman.
The Lakers sealed the victory with 2:33 left in the game when Lauren Jones scored after receiving passes from Jess Jones and Gina Buquet.
The Bobcats had 20 shots against the Lakers, including five by last season’s ECAC Player of the Year Kelly Babstock, but were unable to put anything on the board throughout the entire game.
Junior Victoria Vigilanti recorded 30 saves out of 34 shots.
The Bobcats play a second game against Mercyhurst this weekend on Saturday at 4 p.m