- Possible parking changes announced for 2017-2018 academic school year
- Recent New York legislature may impact Quinnipiac enrollment
- Power at the plate
- Chase Priskie named 2017-18 men’s ice hockey team captain at banquet
- Peter Kiss leaving Quinnipiac men’s basketball for Rutgers
- Quinnipiac splits doubleheader against Siena
- Baseball cruises to 13-1 victory over Saint Peter’s
- Rick Seeley court documents date abuse since 2009-2010
- SGA approves 2017-2018 budgets
- Quinnipiac to host 2019 Women’s Frozen Four
Women’s cross country wins Monmouth Invitational
Becca White places fourth overall; men finish eighth
The Quinnipiac women’s cross country team won the Monmouth Invitational Saturday at Holmdel Park in Holmdel, N.J. Becca White finished fourth overall and first for the Bobcats with a time of 18:29 in the 5,000-meter race.
“I was really pleased with the women today and saw a lot of good performances overall,” head coach Carolyn Martin said. “It was an exciting race to watch especially with a lot of the team up front.”
Senior Morgan Roche trailed White to the finish line, finishing fifth overall with a time of 18:41.4. Rounding out the Bobcats’ top three for the day was Amanda Faust at 19:47.3.
On the men’s side, the Bobcats finished eighth out of 14 teams. Spencer Mannion crossed the line first for the Bobcats and sixth overall with a time of 26:47.5 in the 8,000-meter race.
“I’m very pleased with the men’s performances today,” Martin said. “I thought we ran smart and moved up in the race well.”
Freshman Thomas Dextradeur placed second for the Bobcats in 27:56.9 and 35th overall. Senior John Beckshaw finished 43rd in 28:15.5.
“I think it was great for the men to get a preview of the Northeast Conference course,” Martin said.
Both teams will return to action on September 30 at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Penn., for the Paul Short Invitational.