- Men’s ice hockey beats Brown on Senior Night
- Women’s basketball clinches top seed in MAAC Tournament with Senior Day win
- Quinnipiac completes season sweep over rival Yale with Heroes Hat win
- Quinnipiac set to take on rival Yale
- Matt King joins men’s ice hockey as walk-on goaltender
- In his mother’s memory
- Current Craze
- Living the Legend
- Panel of professors explain human rights for minorities
- Accommodating everyday struggles
Women’s cross country wins Monmouth Invitational
Becca White places fourth overall; men finish eighth
The Quinnipiac women’s cross country team won the Monmouth Invitational Saturday at Holmdel Park in Holmdel, N.J. Becca White finished fourth overall and first for the Bobcats with a time of 18:29 in the 5,000-meter race.
“I was really pleased with the women today and saw a lot of good performances overall,” head coach Carolyn Martin said. “It was an exciting race to watch especially with a lot of the team up front.”
Senior Morgan Roche trailed White to the finish line, finishing fifth overall with a time of 18:41.4. Rounding out the Bobcats’ top three for the day was Amanda Faust at 19:47.3.
On the men’s side, the Bobcats finished eighth out of 14 teams. Spencer Mannion crossed the line first for the Bobcats and sixth overall with a time of 26:47.5 in the 8,000-meter race.
“I’m very pleased with the men’s performances today,” Martin said. “I thought we ran smart and moved up in the race well.”
Freshman Thomas Dextradeur placed second for the Bobcats in 27:56.9 and 35th overall. Senior John Beckshaw finished 43rd in 28:15.5.
“I think it was great for the men to get a preview of the Northeast Conference course,” Martin said.
Both teams will return to action on September 30 at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Penn., for the Paul Short Invitational.