- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Bryant
Bryant sweeps Bobcats; freshman Krista Bennett reaches career-high in digs
The Quinnipiac women’s volleyball team was defeated Wednesday by the Bryant Bulldogs 3-0 (20-25, 16-25, 10-25).
The Bobcats (1-15) stayed close throughout the first set never trailing by more than four until the final point.
The Bobcats lost the second and third sets by nine and 15 points, respectively. Quinnipiac had less kills in the final two sets combined than first set and less than Byrant had during any of the three sets.
Freshman Tanner Celestin kept the Bobcats in the game with seven kills, bringing her to 40 on the year.
Freshman Krista Bennett finished with a career-high 18 digs and senior Kayla Lawler hit 18 assists and two service aces, adding to her NEC-leading 28.
Senior Kelby Carey also contributed nine digs, which puts her 45 shy of 1,000.
Bryant (6-11) was led by Alexandria Clyburn who had nine kills on the day giving her 136 on the year.
The Bulldogs also outhit the Bobcats, posting a hitting percentage of .277 compared to the Bobcat’s .036.
The Bobcats return home Saturday to take on St. Francis (NY) at 2 p.m. in Burt Kahn Court.