- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves down to .500 in MAAC play with 75-72 loss to Niagara
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls short in 65-63 loss to Canisius
- Dean of School of Communications Mark Contreras resigns
- Quinnipiac student robbed at gunpoint in Washington D.C.
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball splits opening MAAC weekend after loss to Rider
- Runnin’ the Point: New Year’s resolutions for Quinnipiac men’s basketball
- Murphy’s Law: Milestone mania
- Pecknold gets 500th win as Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey cruise past Colgate
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey captain Melissa Samoskevich drafted No. 2 in NWHL Draft
- The gift of education
Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Bryant
Bryant sweeps Bobcats; freshman Krista Bennett reaches career-high in digs
The Quinnipiac women’s volleyball team was defeated Wednesday by the Bryant Bulldogs 3-0 (20-25, 16-25, 10-25).
The Bobcats (1-15) stayed close throughout the first set never trailing by more than four until the final point.
The Bobcats lost the second and third sets by nine and 15 points, respectively. Quinnipiac had less kills in the final two sets combined than first set and less than Byrant had during any of the three sets.
Freshman Tanner Celestin kept the Bobcats in the game with seven kills, bringing her to 40 on the year.
Freshman Krista Bennett finished with a career-high 18 digs and senior Kayla Lawler hit 18 assists and two service aces, adding to her NEC-leading 28.
Senior Kelby Carey also contributed nine digs, which puts her 45 shy of 1,000.
Bryant (6-11) was led by Alexandria Clyburn who had nine kills on the day giving her 136 on the year.
The Bulldogs also outhit the Bobcats, posting a hitting percentage of .277 compared to the Bobcat’s .036.
The Bobcats return home Saturday to take on St. Francis (NY) at 2 p.m. in Burt Kahn Court.