- Men’s soccer drops MAAC opener in OT
- Community protests after controversial Snapchat photo
- ‘Lo’ and Behold
- Field hockey sisters bring Spanish influence to the team
- Student facing disciplinary action for posting racist Snapchat photo
- University hires former New Haven Police Chief
- Watch your words
- Old fashion isn’t overrated
- Is change always for the better?
- Men’s soccer shuts out Yale
Letter: A special night for 9/11 ceremony participant
Tonight I experienced one of the most moving and special nights of my life. For the past three years, I have been closely involved with the Sept. 11 memorial event here at QU through the QU College Republicans. Tonight’s ceremony blew away the past with the great turnout, wonderful speakers, and of course, the 2,977 flags on the Quad. There had never been this many students at the ceremony in my time here at QU; we usually experienced around 100 each year, however this year was astonishing.
I would love to express my thanks to the whole community who made this event possible, especially David Ives, who coordinated the event and made sure it was a great experience. Greek life had a strong showing, which meant a lot, the baseball team came to the reading of the victims’s names in the morning, the whole community really showed up for this monumental event.
Being the 10th anniversary there was obviously more publicity regarding this event than in the past, but I hope next year everyone finds a way back to the Quad on Sept. 11 for what I am sure will be another special night.
Chairman Quinnipiac College Republicans