- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey rolls past Guelph in exhibition game
- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Iona, 3-1, in MAAC contest
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer dominant in win over Fairfield
- Quinnipiac field hockey defeats Georgetown in Big East battle
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer tops Central Connecticut State for second straight win
- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
- Students’ families displaced after Massachusetts fires on Thursday
Field hockey defeats Colgate in 6-0 rout
Jess Rusin records a hat trick in Bobcats' third win of the season
The Quinnipiac University field hockey team shut out Colgate University 6-0 on Friday. The Bobcats (3-1) are off to the best start to the season in the program’s Division I history with the win.
Jess Rusin led the scoring with a career-best three goals for a hat trick. She scored twice in less than two minutes during the first half. The last time a Bobcat had a hat trick during a game was in last year’s season-opener against Lehigh University when Kaitilyn Notarianni scored three times.
“We played a total 70-minute performance today, with a few individuals exceeding all expectations,” Quinnipiac head coach Becca Main Kohli said. “Jess Rusin really put it all together tonight and was supported by the play of Katie Notarianni.”
Notarianni continued her success on the offensive end by scoring within the first eight minutes of the game. Kim Cunniff and Jessica Portal added to the victory with a goal each. Cunniff scored on a penalty stroke in the 29th minute and Portal recorded her first career goal in the 55th minute.
Notarianni has scored in all four of the Bobcat’s games, and is second in points for the team.
Amanda Danziger and Rusin both recorded an assist.
Coming off her 19 save performance against Yale, goalkeeper Nicole Lewis had four saves in her first shut out of the season.
The Bobcats will travel to State College Pennsylvania to take on Penn State University on Sunday.