- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Iona, 3-1, in MAAC contest
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer dominant in win over Fairfield
- Quinnipiac field hockey defeats Georgetown in Big East battle
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer tops Central Connecticut State for second straight win
- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
- Students’ families displaced after Massachusetts fires on Thursday
- Poppin’ fall films
Boston College defeats Quinnipiac men’s soccer
Facing a nationally ranked team is always a challenge in any sport. And on Friday the Bobcats faced a stiff test, going up against No. 16 Boston College. The Bobcats held their own through the first half before surrendering to the Eagles 5-0.
The Bobcats held the Eagles in check throughout most of the first half. But in the 36th minute, Kyle Bekker broke the deadlock on a free kick from just outside the box.
From there the Eagles took over, scoring four times in the second half to pull away. The Eagles received goals from Diego Medina-Mendez, Charlie Rugg, and two from Amit Aburmad.
Duval Pereira and Nils von der Heide led the Bobcats with three shots apiece but could get nothing past Eagles keeper Justin Luthy.
The Bobcats continue their nonconference schedule Monday at Vermont.