- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
- Student Media teams up against domestic violence
- The Clery Act
- University set to release new website
- Volleyball closes out home stand with win over Siena
- Putting the university to the test
Boston College defeats Quinnipiac men’s soccer
Facing a nationally ranked team is always a challenge in any sport. And on Friday the Bobcats faced a stiff test, going up against No. 16 Boston College. The Bobcats held their own through the first half before surrendering to the Eagles 5-0.
The Bobcats held the Eagles in check throughout most of the first half. But in the 36th minute, Kyle Bekker broke the deadlock on a free kick from just outside the box.
From there the Eagles took over, scoring four times in the second half to pull away. The Eagles received goals from Diego Medina-Mendez, Charlie Rugg, and two from Amit Aburmad.
Duval Pereira and Nils von der Heide led the Bobcats with three shots apiece but could get nothing past Eagles keeper Justin Luthy.
The Bobcats continue their nonconference schedule Monday at Vermont.