- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
Quinnipiac volleyball swept out of California
After a rough 2010 season that saw the team finish 6-24 and, at one point, need to borrow players from other Bobcat teams, the Quinnipiac volleyball team kicked off its season with a trip out west for the Loyola Marymount Invitational.
But things didn’t get off to the right start for the Bobcats, getting swept 3-0 in all three matches. The Bobcats lost to No. 11 UCLA on Friday, and Loyola Marymount and Cal State Fullerton on Saturday.
The Bobcats fell to UCLA 25-11, 25-16, and 25-19. The Bruins were led by Meg Norton’s 12 kills and Megan Moenoa’s 28 assists. The Bobcats were led by their senior duo of Kelby Carey and Kayla Lawler. Carey led the team with 6 kills while Lawler added 14 assists.
The Bobcats continued the disappointing start to the season against Loyola Marymount and Cal State Fullerton. The Bobcats were again led by their senior duo. Carey led the team with 7 kills against Cal State and 4 against Loyola Marymount. Lawler added 13 assists against Cal State and then 20 against Loyola Marymount.
This is the second straight season that the Bobcats have started 0-3. The Bobcats next play in the University of Maryland Invitational, where they will face Xavier, the University of Maryland, Virginia Commonwealth.