- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Quinnipiac volleyball swept out of California
After a rough 2010 season that saw the team finish 6-24 and, at one point, need to borrow players from other Bobcat teams, the Quinnipiac volleyball team kicked off its season with a trip out west for the Loyola Marymount Invitational.
But things didn’t get off to the right start for the Bobcats, getting swept 3-0 in all three matches. The Bobcats lost to No. 11 UCLA on Friday, and Loyola Marymount and Cal State Fullerton on Saturday.
The Bobcats fell to UCLA 25-11, 25-16, and 25-19. The Bruins were led by Meg Norton’s 12 kills and Megan Moenoa’s 28 assists. The Bobcats were led by their senior duo of Kelby Carey and Kayla Lawler. Carey led the team with 6 kills while Lawler added 14 assists.
The Bobcats continued the disappointing start to the season against Loyola Marymount and Cal State Fullerton. The Bobcats were again led by their senior duo. Carey led the team with 7 kills against Cal State and 4 against Loyola Marymount. Lawler added 13 assists against Cal State and then 20 against Loyola Marymount.
This is the second straight season that the Bobcats have started 0-3. The Bobcats next play in the University of Maryland Invitational, where they will face Xavier, the University of Maryland, Virginia Commonwealth.