- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
- International students celebrate Thanksgiving
Women’s track competes at Penn, Yale
The women’s outdoor track team had runners competing in two meets this weekend.
On Thursday, Becca White, Morgan Roche and Kristen Stevens all ran at the Penn Relays while the rest of the team ran in its final meet before the NEC Championship at the Yale Springtime Invitational on Sunday.
At the 117th annual Penn Relays, White highlighted the meet for the Bobcats, running in the 10,000-meter championship run and finishing in 22nd place with a time of 36:42.37.
Stevens and Roche ran in the 5,000-meter run, finishing in 21st and 23rd with times of 17:19.80 and 17:23.16, respectively.
On Sunday, Stevens along with seniors Jeana Favat and Christina DeBellis were honored before the start of the meet for Senior Day.
The Bobcats placed four runners in the top five of the 3,000-meter race. They were led by sophomore Andrea Szarkowicz who placed second in 10:23.34.
Freshman Amanda Faust followed Szarkowicz in third place in 10:27.90. Sophomore Paige Pallotto and junior Martha Santandreu rounded out the top five for the Bobcats with the next two spots.
Junior Julie Lanning ran a personal best in the 1,500-meter race with a time of 4:52.35 for a fifth place finish.
Junior Hannah Donadio highlighted the 800-meter race with a time of 2:18.96 and Rachel Morelli ran a personal best of 2:25.04.
“I think we’re really ready for a great Northeast Conference championship meet next weekend,” Quinnipiac head coach Carolyn Martin said. “The women’s team has a positive attitude heading into the championship season and I’m excited to see the ladies’ performances for the remainder of the year.”
The Bobcats compete in the NEC Championships this weekend at Monmouth University.