- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
Tweet: Langston headed to SCSU
Freshman guard Dominique Langston said he “signed [his] paperwork” to Southern Connecticut State University, according to a tweet earlier today.
Teammate James Johnson then congratulated him in a tweet.
Langston’s cousin, Greg Langston, is a freshman at Southern Connecticut State University.
Langston is the second freshman basketball player to announce his departure from Quinnipiac. Forward Tevin Baskin, who saw limited minutes due to ineligibility first semester and a hand injury second semester, announced he would transfer to Chipola College earlier this month, the New Haven Register reported.
Quinnipiac’s Sports Information Department had no immediate comment for the Chronicle.
Langston averaged 7.1 points per game and 4.4 rebounds per game in his freshman season. He started six of the 30 games he played.
Along with Langston and Baskin, the Bobcats lost seniors Justin Rutty, Deontay Twyman and Sean Light to graduation.
So far the team has announced two recruits for the 2011/2012 season. Guard Zaid Heart and forward Ousmane Drame signed national letters of intent to play for Quinnipiac.
The Bobcats will also add transfers Garvey Young and Austin Alecxih, who both sat out last year due to NCAA transfer rules.