- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey rolls past Guelph in exhibition game
- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Iona, 3-1, in MAAC contest
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer dominant in win over Fairfield
- Quinnipiac field hockey defeats Georgetown in Big East battle
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer tops Central Connecticut State for second straight win
- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
- Students’ families displaced after Massachusetts fires on Thursday
Tweet: Langston headed to SCSU
Freshman guard Dominique Langston said he “signed [his] paperwork” to Southern Connecticut State University, according to a tweet earlier today.
Teammate James Johnson then congratulated him in a tweet.
Langston’s cousin, Greg Langston, is a freshman at Southern Connecticut State University.
Langston is the second freshman basketball player to announce his departure from Quinnipiac. Forward Tevin Baskin, who saw limited minutes due to ineligibility first semester and a hand injury second semester, announced he would transfer to Chipola College earlier this month, the New Haven Register reported.
Quinnipiac’s Sports Information Department had no immediate comment for the Chronicle.
Langston averaged 7.1 points per game and 4.4 rebounds per game in his freshman season. He started six of the 30 games he played.
Along with Langston and Baskin, the Bobcats lost seniors Justin Rutty, Deontay Twyman and Sean Light to graduation.
So far the team has announced two recruits for the 2011/2012 season. Guard Zaid Heart and forward Ousmane Drame signed national letters of intent to play for Quinnipiac.
The Bobcats will also add transfers Garvey Young and Austin Alecxih, who both sat out last year due to NCAA transfer rules.