- Community protests after controversial Snapchat photo
- ‘Lo’ and Behold
- Field hockey sisters bring Spanish influence to the team
- Student facing disciplinary action for posting racist Snapchat photo
- University hires former New Haven Police Chief
- Watch your words
- Old fashion isn’t overrated
- Is change always for the better?
- Men’s soccer shuts out Yale
- Undefeated UMass Lowell beats men’s soccer
Tweet: Langston headed to SCSU
Freshman guard Dominique Langston said he “signed [his] paperwork” to Southern Connecticut State University, according to a tweet earlier today.
Teammate James Johnson then congratulated him in a tweet.
Langston’s cousin, Greg Langston, is a freshman at Southern Connecticut State University.
Langston is the second freshman basketball player to announce his departure from Quinnipiac. Forward Tevin Baskin, who saw limited minutes due to ineligibility first semester and a hand injury second semester, announced he would transfer to Chipola College earlier this month, the New Haven Register reported.
Quinnipiac’s Sports Information Department had no immediate comment for the Chronicle.
Langston averaged 7.1 points per game and 4.4 rebounds per game in his freshman season. He started six of the 30 games he played.
Along with Langston and Baskin, the Bobcats lost seniors Justin Rutty, Deontay Twyman and Sean Light to graduation.
So far the team has announced two recruits for the 2011/2012 season. Guard Zaid Heart and forward Ousmane Drame signed national letters of intent to play for Quinnipiac.
The Bobcats will also add transfers Garvey Young and Austin Alecxih, who both sat out last year due to NCAA transfer rules.