- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
- Women’s rugby team takes home second championship
- Women’s basketball’s upset bid against Michigan State falls short
- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
Tweet: Langston headed to SCSU
Freshman guard Dominique Langston said he “signed [his] paperwork” to Southern Connecticut State University, according to a tweet earlier today.
Teammate James Johnson then congratulated him in a tweet.
Langston’s cousin, Greg Langston, is a freshman at Southern Connecticut State University.
Langston is the second freshman basketball player to announce his departure from Quinnipiac. Forward Tevin Baskin, who saw limited minutes due to ineligibility first semester and a hand injury second semester, announced he would transfer to Chipola College earlier this month, the New Haven Register reported.
Quinnipiac’s Sports Information Department had no immediate comment for the Chronicle.
Langston averaged 7.1 points per game and 4.4 rebounds per game in his freshman season. He started six of the 30 games he played.
Along with Langston and Baskin, the Bobcats lost seniors Justin Rutty, Deontay Twyman and Sean Light to graduation.
So far the team has announced two recruits for the 2011/2012 season. Guard Zaid Heart and forward Ousmane Drame signed national letters of intent to play for Quinnipiac.
The Bobcats will also add transfers Garvey Young and Austin Alecxih, who both sat out last year due to NCAA transfer rules.