- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
- International students celebrate Thanksgiving
- New university website aimed at prospective students
- SGA pushes for new desks in Tator Hall
- ‘Art of Protest’ presents LGBTQ civil rights history
Track competes at UMass
The Quinnipiac women’s outdoor track team competed in the University of Massachusetts Invitational on Saturday.
Sophomore Andrea Szarkowicz highlighted the meet for the Bobcats, placing third in the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 11:15.84, while freshman Kaitlyn Flynn set a Quinnipiac record in the high jump, clearing 4 feet, 9 inches.
The Bobcats continued to see solid performances in the 1,500-meter race, with sophomore Becca White leading the team with a fifth place finish and time of 4:38.85. Senior Kristen Stevens followed White in sixth place with a time of 4:39.16, while junior Morgan Roche finished 12th in 4:43.65.
Freshman Amanda Faust led the Bobcats in the 5,000-meter race running a personal best of 17:15.03, while junior Hannah Donadio led a group of three Bobcat runners inside the top 15 of the 800-meter race by placing ninth with a time of 2:19.29.
“I thought we had a great day,” Quinnipiac head coach Carolyn Martin said. “Everyone was really positive and I think it proved how far a positive mindset can take them.”