- Quinnipiac women’s lacrosse gets first win of the season over Saint Francis
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse unable to keep pace with Vermont, loses 10-5
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls to Saint Peter’s on Senior Day
- Quinnipiac students arrested for drug possession
- Boarding on Bobcat Way
- Students cheat Chartwells
- Confessions of a coffee addict
- Academic assist
- Strautmane standing tall
- Snap out of it
Track competes at UMass
The Quinnipiac women’s outdoor track team competed in the University of Massachusetts Invitational on Saturday.
Sophomore Andrea Szarkowicz highlighted the meet for the Bobcats, placing third in the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 11:15.84, while freshman Kaitlyn Flynn set a Quinnipiac record in the high jump, clearing 4 feet, 9 inches.
The Bobcats continued to see solid performances in the 1,500-meter race, with sophomore Becca White leading the team with a fifth place finish and time of 4:38.85. Senior Kristen Stevens followed White in sixth place with a time of 4:39.16, while junior Morgan Roche finished 12th in 4:43.65.
Freshman Amanda Faust led the Bobcats in the 5,000-meter race running a personal best of 17:15.03, while junior Hannah Donadio led a group of three Bobcat runners inside the top 15 of the 800-meter race by placing ninth with a time of 2:19.29.
“I thought we had a great day,” Quinnipiac head coach Carolyn Martin said. “Everyone was really positive and I think it proved how far a positive mindset can take them.”