- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey falls to No. 1 UMass 3-1, head into break with a 14-3-0 record
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves to .500 with win over Lafayette
- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey upsets No. 1 UMass, 4-0
- Cramped cramming
- Dr. Bethany Zemba appointed as vice president and chief of staff
- Pro-life feminism: a candid conversation
- Phi Gamma Delta fundraises money for victims of California wildfires
- Former Quinnipiac President John Lahey awarded for service to Ireland
- Triumph out of tragedy
- MEMEingful past
Softball sweeps Bryant
Behind two wins from pitcher Heather Schwartzburg, the Quinnipiac softball team swept Bryant in Sunday’s doubleheader, 4-2, and 6-3.
In the two games, Schwartzburg pitched 9 and 1/3 innings, allowing only four hits while striking out 11, improving to 14-7 on the season.
The Bobcats (22-16, 6-2 NEC) took a 2-1 lead through three innings, scoring twice on an illegal pitch by Bryant pitcher Samantha Houseal. The Bobcats scored two insurance runs in the fourth on a Jackie Ristow double, putting the Bobcats up 4-1. The Bulldogs (17-14, 7-3) answered with a run in the bottom half of the inning, but four runs would be all Schwartzburg needed.
The Bobcats took advantage of three unearned runs in the late game, edging out the Bulldogs in what was a back-and-forth game through five innings.
With the game tied 3-3, the Bobcats pushed across three runs in the sixth, starting with a solo home run from outfielder Kim Brzezinski. Catcher Ashley Heiberger scored the second run following an error, and Ristow knocked in the third run of the inning with an RBI single up the middle.
The Bobcats will host Fairfield University today at 3:30 p.m.