- South Carolina ends Quinnipiac’s tournament run in Sweet 16
- Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling dominates Glenville State
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball takes on South Carolina in Sweet 16
- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
Softball sweeps Bryant
Behind two wins from pitcher Heather Schwartzburg, the Quinnipiac softball team swept Bryant in Sunday’s doubleheader, 4-2, and 6-3.
In the two games, Schwartzburg pitched 9 and 1/3 innings, allowing only four hits while striking out 11, improving to 14-7 on the season.
The Bobcats (22-16, 6-2 NEC) took a 2-1 lead through three innings, scoring twice on an illegal pitch by Bryant pitcher Samantha Houseal. The Bobcats scored two insurance runs in the fourth on a Jackie Ristow double, putting the Bobcats up 4-1. The Bulldogs (17-14, 7-3) answered with a run in the bottom half of the inning, but four runs would be all Schwartzburg needed.
The Bobcats took advantage of three unearned runs in the late game, edging out the Bulldogs in what was a back-and-forth game through five innings.
With the game tied 3-3, the Bobcats pushed across three runs in the sixth, starting with a solo home run from outfielder Kim Brzezinski. Catcher Ashley Heiberger scored the second run following an error, and Ristow knocked in the third run of the inning with an RBI single up the middle.
The Bobcats will host Fairfield University today at 3:30 p.m.