- QU sues Hamden in appeal attempt
- Scott Burrell to be named Southern Connecticut State head coach
- Kricket launches new phone app
- McKenna takes on new position
- Amodio to serve as new athletic director
- University to request to build 300 beds
- McDonald to serve as UNE director of athletics
- Students to lose Internet for part of finals weekend
- Speaking up for the misrepresented
- Professors, students find course evaluations helpful
Suckers will headline WQAQ’s Spring Concert [Video]
Suckers will headline the WQAQ Spring Concert, WQAQ released Wednesday.
The Brooklyn pop/indie band will highlight the April 16 concert. Also performing will be The Fresh & Onlys, Trophy Scars, A Great Big Pile of Leaves, and Battle of the Bands winner Great Caesar.
“I am excited about it,” WQAQ General Manager Mike Farrell said. “All the bands are awesome, and overall it’s a really diverse lineup.”Those set to perform will cover various musical genres from blues to pop.
Great Caesar covers rock, while Trophy Scars produces a funky mix of progressive and psychedelic music.
Suckers will provide a trendy, pop sound, contrasting with A Great Big Pile of Leaves and The Fresh and Onlys’ bluesy, jazz feel.
The concert will be free for Quinnipiac students. For the public, $5 tickets are on sale at Brown Paper Tickets.
The event will be held in Burt Kahn Court. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Chronicle Staff Writer Chris Gillotte contributed to the reporting of this story
Get a look at Suckers, performing “Black Sheep” for Rolling Stone:
Photo credit: Charlotte Greene