- Clery Act: 663 liquor violations, four sexual offenses reported in 2013
- University seeks to change curriculum
- Ahead of the pack
- Fall fest returns for a second year
- Norwich hands women’s rugby first loss
- Carvalho’s overtime goal lifts men’s soccer past Yale
- Allan’s big day leads field hockey past Hofstra
- Update: Hamden Police discontinue search for armed man
- Community comes together to pray for Middle East
- Angoitia’s shutout lifts Bobcats to 2-0 victory
Suckers will headline WQAQ’s Spring Concert [Video]
Suckers will headline the WQAQ Spring Concert, WQAQ released Wednesday.
The Brooklyn pop/indie band will highlight the April 16 concert. Also performing will be The Fresh & Onlys, Trophy Scars, A Great Big Pile of Leaves, and Battle of the Bands winner Great Caesar.
“I am excited about it,” WQAQ General Manager Mike Farrell said. “All the bands are awesome, and overall it’s a really diverse lineup.”Those set to perform will cover various musical genres from blues to pop.
Great Caesar covers rock, while Trophy Scars produces a funky mix of progressive and psychedelic music.
Suckers will provide a trendy, pop sound, contrasting with A Great Big Pile of Leaves and The Fresh and Onlys’ bluesy, jazz feel.
The concert will be free for Quinnipiac students. For the public, $5 tickets are on sale at Brown Paper Tickets.
The event will be held in Burt Kahn Court. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Chronicle Staff Writer Chris Gillotte contributed to the reporting of this story
Get a look at Suckers, performing “Black Sheep” for Rolling Stone:
Photo credit: Charlotte Greene