- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
- International students celebrate Thanksgiving
- New university website aimed at prospective students
Softball picks up win before conference play begins this weekend
Quinnipiac beats UConn, 7-3.
Junior pitcher Heather Schwartzburg earned the win after pitching six innings, holding the Huskies to just six hits.
The Huskies (11-14) jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the bottom of the second, but Quinnipiac’s offense came to life in the top of third, scoring three runs. Bridget Figmic and Joelle Jacobsen each hit singles and each drove in a run. Jacqueline Ristow scored on a walk.
The Bobcats (16-13) responded again after Connecticut tied the game up with a solo home run from Andrea Huelsenbeck by scoring two runs in the top of the fifth. Sabrina Salgado singled on a bunt allowing Figmic to score. Then, Salgado scored on a Christy Cabrera single up the middle.
The Huskies did not score again.
Quinnipiac finished the game strong scoring two additional runs in the top of the seventh. Catcher Ashley Heighberg scored on a throwing error and Salgado also got on base after another throwing error by the Huskies.
Salgado scored the final run of the game on a fly out to right field by Alex Alba.
The second game of the scheduled double header was cancelled due to bad weather.
The Bobcats will open up Northeast Conference play when they host Mount Saint Mary’s in a double header on Saturday. The first game is scheduled to start at noon.