- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
- Women’s rugby team takes home second championship
- Women’s basketball’s upset bid against Michigan State falls short
- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
Quinnipiac will host Buffalo in Monday’s CIT opener
Quinnipiac men’s basketball will host the University of Buffalo on Monday in the CollegeInsider.com Tournament, according to QU Athletics.
Buffalo (18-13; 8-8 MAC) finished their season in the Mid-American Conference Tournament quarterfinals in a 73-62 loss to Kent State.
Kent State fell one point short of the MAC title on Saturday, dropping a 66-65 contest against Akron.
Quinnipiac’s NEC Tournament run came to an end last Sunday, when they lost a semifinals matchup to Robert Morris, losing 64-62.
The Bobcats will host a national postseason tournament game for the first time in program history. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. on Monday night.
According to the Tulsa World, Air Force, Furman, Northern Iowa, Rider, Santa Clara, Oral Roberts, Southern Methodist, the University of Hawaii, Portland, the University of San Francisco and Idaho have all accepted invitations to play in the 24-team tournament.
Photo credit: Matt Eisenberg