- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
Quinnipiac will host Buffalo in Monday’s CIT opener
Quinnipiac men’s basketball will host the University of Buffalo on Monday in the CollegeInsider.com Tournament, according to QU Athletics.
Buffalo (18-13; 8-8 MAC) finished their season in the Mid-American Conference Tournament quarterfinals in a 73-62 loss to Kent State.
Kent State fell one point short of the MAC title on Saturday, dropping a 66-65 contest against Akron.
Quinnipiac’s NEC Tournament run came to an end last Sunday, when they lost a semifinals matchup to Robert Morris, losing 64-62.
The Bobcats will host a national postseason tournament game for the first time in program history. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. on Monday night.
According to the Tulsa World, Air Force, Furman, Northern Iowa, Rider, Santa Clara, Oral Roberts, Southern Methodist, the University of Hawaii, Portland, the University of San Francisco and Idaho have all accepted invitations to play in the 24-team tournament.
Photo credit: Matt Eisenberg