- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
Women’s basketball falls short to CCSU, 61-58
CCSU hits six free throws in final minute to win
The last time the Quinnipiac women’s basketball team squared off against Central Connecticut State University, Felicia Barron drained a 3-pointer at the buzzer to lift the Bobcats over the Blue Devils.
On Saturday, it was CCSU (16-9, 9-6) senior Leanne Crockett who provided the late-game heroics, hitting two key 3-pointers in the final two minutes of the game, sending the Blue Devils to a 61-58 win over the Bobcats.
Quinnipiac (12-13, 9-6) led CCSU 51-49 when Crockett nailed a go-ahead 3-pointer to give the Blue Devils a 52-51 lead. Courtney Kaminski responded for the Bobcats by hitting a free throw and tied the game at 52 with 1:15 remaining.
Crockett then struck again, hitting another 3-pointer with 57 seconds left which gave the Blue Devils a 55-52 lead.
CCSU hit six of its next eight free throws in the final minute of the game to maintain the lead. The Bobcats had one last chance to send the game into overtime, but Kaminski’s 3-pointer at the buzzer did not go in. CCSU took the game and split the season series with QU.
Brittany McQuain led Quinnipiac with 13 points and a team-high 16 rebounds, her fourth double-double of the season. Jacinda Dunbar also recorded a double-double for the Bobcats with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Crockett and Justina Uduenze both led the Blue Devils with 12 points each, while Kerrianne Dugan recorded a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds.
Quinnipiac’s next game is on the road Monday against Bryant at 7 p.m.