- Quinnipiac women’s basketball takes on South Carolina in Sweet 16
- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
- Sherman Ave building to be new QU theater
Women’s basketball falls short to CCSU, 61-58
CCSU hits six free throws in final minute to win
The last time the Quinnipiac women’s basketball team squared off against Central Connecticut State University, Felicia Barron drained a 3-pointer at the buzzer to lift the Bobcats over the Blue Devils.
On Saturday, it was CCSU (16-9, 9-6) senior Leanne Crockett who provided the late-game heroics, hitting two key 3-pointers in the final two minutes of the game, sending the Blue Devils to a 61-58 win over the Bobcats.
Quinnipiac (12-13, 9-6) led CCSU 51-49 when Crockett nailed a go-ahead 3-pointer to give the Blue Devils a 52-51 lead. Courtney Kaminski responded for the Bobcats by hitting a free throw and tied the game at 52 with 1:15 remaining.
Crockett then struck again, hitting another 3-pointer with 57 seconds left which gave the Blue Devils a 55-52 lead.
CCSU hit six of its next eight free throws in the final minute of the game to maintain the lead. The Bobcats had one last chance to send the game into overtime, but Kaminski’s 3-pointer at the buzzer did not go in. CCSU took the game and split the season series with QU.
Brittany McQuain led Quinnipiac with 13 points and a team-high 16 rebounds, her fourth double-double of the season. Jacinda Dunbar also recorded a double-double for the Bobcats with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Crockett and Justina Uduenze both led the Blue Devils with 12 points each, while Kerrianne Dugan recorded a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds.
Quinnipiac’s next game is on the road Monday against Bryant at 7 p.m.