- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Women’s basketball falls short to CCSU, 61-58
CCSU hits six free throws in final minute to win
The last time the Quinnipiac women’s basketball team squared off against Central Connecticut State University, Felicia Barron drained a 3-pointer at the buzzer to lift the Bobcats over the Blue Devils.
On Saturday, it was CCSU (16-9, 9-6) senior Leanne Crockett who provided the late-game heroics, hitting two key 3-pointers in the final two minutes of the game, sending the Blue Devils to a 61-58 win over the Bobcats.
Quinnipiac (12-13, 9-6) led CCSU 51-49 when Crockett nailed a go-ahead 3-pointer to give the Blue Devils a 52-51 lead. Courtney Kaminski responded for the Bobcats by hitting a free throw and tied the game at 52 with 1:15 remaining.
Crockett then struck again, hitting another 3-pointer with 57 seconds left which gave the Blue Devils a 55-52 lead.
CCSU hit six of its next eight free throws in the final minute of the game to maintain the lead. The Bobcats had one last chance to send the game into overtime, but Kaminski’s 3-pointer at the buzzer did not go in. CCSU took the game and split the season series with QU.
Brittany McQuain led Quinnipiac with 13 points and a team-high 16 rebounds, her fourth double-double of the season. Jacinda Dunbar also recorded a double-double for the Bobcats with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Crockett and Justina Uduenze both led the Blue Devils with 12 points each, while Kerrianne Dugan recorded a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds.
Quinnipiac’s next game is on the road Monday against Bryant at 7 p.m.