- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Men’s tennis roll over Fordham for first win
With a 7-0 loss to Boston University and a 6-1 loss Harvard to start the season, the men’s tennis team looked to turn its luck around at Fordham University. In their first home match of the spring, the Bobcats returned with fervor to trump the Rams 7-0 on Sunday afternoon.
The Bobcats went undefeated in the singles competition with sophomores Alex Lazerowich, Andrew Weeden and freshman Corey Morgenstern finishing in the top three places. Lazerowich defeated Ken Fukumoto 6-4, 6-4 to earn first place. The Rams’ Alex Derienzo fell to Weeden 6-4, 6-2, giving Weeden second place, while Morgenstern overcame Dan Kane-West 6-1, 7-6, 7-5 for third.
Weeden earned his second win of the day when he teamed up with senior Brian Mikkelson to defeat Fordham’s duo of Austin Shoup and Fukumoto 8-2 in the doubles competition.
Quinnipiac’s doubles team of Lazerowich and junior James Kwei also found victory against Fordham. Together they defeated Eli Plangger and Nick Kelly 8-6 to place second behind Weeden and Mikkelson.
The Bobcats couldn’t come through with the sweep in the doubles competition as sophomore Chris Nelson and senior Dillon Kraus fell to Fordham’s Kane-West and Derienzo 8-7, 7-5.
The Bobcats return to action Feb. 27 at 3 p.m. to take on Holy Cross in a home matchup.