- Quinnipiac University suspends men’s lacrosse team
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey rolls past Guelph in exhibition game
- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Iona, 3-1, in MAAC contest
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer dominant in win over Fairfield
- Quinnipiac field hockey defeats Georgetown in Big East battle
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer tops Central Connecticut State for second straight win
- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
Seahawks do it again
Men's hoops upset by Wagner, 73-68
For the first time since Feb. 26, 2009, the Quinnipiac men’s basketball team lost a Northeast Conference regular season home game. The team that beat them, 73-68 Monday night, was the same team that pulled it off last, nearly two years ago: the Wagner Seahawks.
Wagner junior Tylor Murray led the Seahawks (6-7, 2-0 NEC) with a career-high 28 points. He went 5-for-6 from beyond the 3-point arc and 9-for-11 from the free throw line.
The Bobcats (9-3, 1-1 NEC) return to action Thursday, when they play their first NEC road game against Monmouth. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Below, Quinnipiac head coach Tom Moore talks about the loss:
Final seconds of the game:
Photo credit: Al Valerio
Video credit: QU Athletics, Wagner Athletics