- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
Seahawks do it again
Men's hoops upset by Wagner, 73-68
For the first time since Feb. 26, 2009, the Quinnipiac men’s basketball team lost a Northeast Conference regular season home game. The team that beat them, 73-68 Monday night, was the same team that pulled it off last, nearly two years ago: the Wagner Seahawks.
Wagner junior Tylor Murray led the Seahawks (6-7, 2-0 NEC) with a career-high 28 points. He went 5-for-6 from beyond the 3-point arc and 9-for-11 from the free throw line.
The Bobcats (9-3, 1-1 NEC) return to action Thursday, when they play their first NEC road game against Monmouth. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Below, Quinnipiac head coach Tom Moore talks about the loss:
Final seconds of the game:
Photo credit: Al Valerio
Video credit: QU Athletics, Wagner Athletics