- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Seahawks do it again
Men's hoops upset by Wagner, 73-68
For the first time since Feb. 26, 2009, the Quinnipiac men’s basketball team lost a Northeast Conference regular season home game. The team that beat them, 73-68 Monday night, was the same team that pulled it off last, nearly two years ago: the Wagner Seahawks.
Wagner junior Tylor Murray led the Seahawks (6-7, 2-0 NEC) with a career-high 28 points. He went 5-for-6 from beyond the 3-point arc and 9-for-11 from the free throw line.
The Bobcats (9-3, 1-1 NEC) return to action Thursday, when they play their first NEC road game against Monmouth. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Below, Quinnipiac head coach Tom Moore talks about the loss:
Final seconds of the game:
Photo credit: Al Valerio
Video credit: QU Athletics, Wagner Athletics