- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
- Freshman reflect, Seniors say goodbye
- Wawa Craze
- The beginning of the end
- One Album, Three Meanings
Late layup downs women’s basketball
Dunbar leads Bobcats with 12, Kaminski collects double-double in loss
Junior guard Mariyah Laury led the Knights (10-5, 3-1 NEC), and all scorers, with a game-high 17 points, including the game-winning layup with 30 seconds left.
Quinnipiac (6-9, 3-1 NEC) took its last lead lead with 55 seconds left when Felicia Barron passed it to Brittany McQuain for a layup to make it 52-51.
Laury answered with a layup to give the Knights a lead they would not relinquish, and then redshirt freshman Danielle Pankey hit two free throws to seal the deal.
The Bobcats held a 26-22 lead at halftime, but Fairleigh Dickinson gained a lead in the second half and held it for 10 minutes. However, Quinnipiac kept their deficit small, never more than seven points.
The Bobcats will prepare to host their next two games against Central Connecticut State and Bryant on Saturday and Monday.