- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
Late layup downs women’s basketball
Dunbar leads Bobcats with 12, Kaminski collects double-double in loss
Junior guard Mariyah Laury led the Knights (10-5, 3-1 NEC), and all scorers, with a game-high 17 points, including the game-winning layup with 30 seconds left.
Quinnipiac (6-9, 3-1 NEC) took its last lead lead with 55 seconds left when Felicia Barron passed it to Brittany McQuain for a layup to make it 52-51.
Laury answered with a layup to give the Knights a lead they would not relinquish, and then redshirt freshman Danielle Pankey hit two free throws to seal the deal.
The Bobcats held a 26-22 lead at halftime, but Fairleigh Dickinson gained a lead in the second half and held it for 10 minutes. However, Quinnipiac kept their deficit small, never more than seven points.
The Bobcats will prepare to host their next two games against Central Connecticut State and Bryant on Saturday and Monday.