- Peter Kiss leaving Quinnipiac men’s basketball for Rutgers
- Game On
- Quinnipiac splits doubleheader against Siena
- Baseball cruises to 13-1 victory over Saint Peter’s
- Rick Seeley court documents date abuse since 2009-2010
- SGA approves 2017-2018 budgets
- Quinnipiac to host 2019 Women’s Frozen Four
- Rand Pecknold named U.S. Men’s National Team assistant coach
- Allison Kuhn balances Quinnipiac women’s lacrosse schedule with SGA role
- Kei Ezaka sets Quinnipiac men’s tennis wins record
Late layup downs women’s basketball
Dunbar leads Bobcats with 12, Kaminski collects double-double in loss
Junior guard Mariyah Laury led the Knights (10-5, 3-1 NEC), and all scorers, with a game-high 17 points, including the game-winning layup with 30 seconds left.
Quinnipiac (6-9, 3-1 NEC) took its last lead lead with 55 seconds left when Felicia Barron passed it to Brittany McQuain for a layup to make it 52-51.
Laury answered with a layup to give the Knights a lead they would not relinquish, and then redshirt freshman Danielle Pankey hit two free throws to seal the deal.
The Bobcats held a 26-22 lead at halftime, but Fairleigh Dickinson gained a lead in the second half and held it for 10 minutes. However, Quinnipiac kept their deficit small, never more than seven points.
The Bobcats will prepare to host their next two games against Central Connecticut State and Bryant on Saturday and Monday.