- Don’t be afraid to let go of what hurts you
- Just because it’s not “hard news,” doesn’t mean it’s “not news”
- Sound the horn
- Sarah Pandolfi back and better following season-long injury
- Women’s soccer edges out Fairfield for first MAAC win
- Mac Miller, Mick Jenkins impress with new albums
- “Study” Time: Game Night
- Brangelina: Love is dead
- T.I.’s ‘Warzone’ makes a statement
- Hidden Hydration
Late layup downs women’s basketball
Dunbar leads Bobcats with 12, Kaminski collects double-double in loss
Junior guard Mariyah Laury led the Knights (10-5, 3-1 NEC), and all scorers, with a game-high 17 points, including the game-winning layup with 30 seconds left.
Quinnipiac (6-9, 3-1 NEC) took its last lead lead with 55 seconds left when Felicia Barron passed it to Brittany McQuain for a layup to make it 52-51.
Laury answered with a layup to give the Knights a lead they would not relinquish, and then redshirt freshman Danielle Pankey hit two free throws to seal the deal.
The Bobcats held a 26-22 lead at halftime, but Fairleigh Dickinson gained a lead in the second half and held it for 10 minutes. However, Quinnipiac kept their deficit small, never more than seven points.
The Bobcats will prepare to host their next two games against Central Connecticut State and Bryant on Saturday and Monday.