- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey rolls past Guelph in exhibition game
- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Iona, 3-1, in MAAC contest
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer dominant in win over Fairfield
- Quinnipiac field hockey defeats Georgetown in Big East battle
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer tops Central Connecticut State for second straight win
- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
- Students’ families displaced after Massachusetts fires on Thursday
Bryant stuns men’s hoops with 54-point half
Bobcats fall 69-61 at the Bank
Despite leading by as many as 23 points at the TD Bank Sports Center, the men’s basketball allowed the Bryant Bulldogs to storm back in the second half for 54 points and a 69-61 victory.
With Justin Rutty absent for the third straight game (elbow injury), freshman forward Ike Azotam stepped up, posting a double-double (10 points, 11 rebounds). Deontay Twyman led the Bobcats in scoring with 14, but Bryant freshman forward Alex Francis’ 14-point second half and game-high 22 points led the Bulldogs to their second straight victory.
With 1:40 remaining and the score knotted at 56, Bryant’s Cecil Gresham hit a 3-pointer and the Bulldogs (4-13, 2-3 NEC) never looked back.
Quinnipiac (11-4, 3-2 NEC) shot 24.1 percent from the field in the second half compared to Bryant’s 53.8 percent.