- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Bryant stuns men’s hoops with 54-point half
Bobcats fall 69-61 at the Bank
Despite leading by as many as 23 points at the TD Bank Sports Center, the men’s basketball allowed the Bryant Bulldogs to storm back in the second half for 54 points and a 69-61 victory.
With Justin Rutty absent for the third straight game (elbow injury), freshman forward Ike Azotam stepped up, posting a double-double (10 points, 11 rebounds). Deontay Twyman led the Bobcats in scoring with 14, but Bryant freshman forward Alex Francis’ 14-point second half and game-high 22 points led the Bulldogs to their second straight victory.
With 1:40 remaining and the score knotted at 56, Bryant’s Cecil Gresham hit a 3-pointer and the Bulldogs (4-13, 2-3 NEC) never looked back.
Quinnipiac (11-4, 3-2 NEC) shot 24.1 percent from the field in the second half compared to Bryant’s 53.8 percent.