- Men’s basketball drops Senior Day game to Rider
- Men’s ice hockey beats Brown on Senior Night
- Women’s basketball clinches top seed in MAAC Tournament with Senior Day win
- Quinnipiac completes season sweep over rival Yale with Heroes Hat win
- Quinnipiac set to take on rival Yale
- Matt King joins men’s ice hockey as walk-on goaltender
- In his mother’s memory
- Current Craze
- Living the Legend
- Panel of professors explain human rights for minorities
Women’s indoor track cracks top 5 in 3 events
The Quinnipiac women’s indoor track team opened its season at the Yale Lidlifter Invitational on Saturday at Coxe Cage, placing seven athletes in the top five in three different events.
Quinnipiac’s strongest showing was in the 800-meter race. The runners took third, fourth and fifth place with junior Hannah Donadio leading the pack with a 2:25 finish. Sophomores Rebecca Smith and Alexandra Seitz followed, both running 2:28.
“I’m really excited to see how our 800-meter group will perform this season,” Quinnipiac head coach Carolyn Martin said. “They’ve already made improvements from last year and they’re running faster, so I am eager to see how this group develops.”
Junior Kaitlin Kelley finished fourth in the mile, running a time of 5:36, while sophomore Jill Humphreys followed in fifth place at 5:34.
Sophomore Paige Pallotto finished the 3,000-meter race in fourth place with a time of 10:54, while junior Martha Santandreu placed fifth in 11:11.
The Bobcats’ next meet is also at Yale, on Jan. 15 at the Yale Collegiate Invitational in New Haven.