- Possible parking changes announced for 2017-2018 academic school year
- Recent New York legislature may impact Quinnipiac enrollment
- Power at the plate
- Chase Priskie named 2017-18 men’s ice hockey team captain at banquet
- Peter Kiss leaving Quinnipiac men’s basketball for Rutgers
- Quinnipiac splits doubleheader against Siena
- Baseball cruises to 13-1 victory over Saint Peter’s
- Rick Seeley court documents date abuse since 2009-2010
- SGA approves 2017-2018 budgets
- Quinnipiac to host 2019 Women’s Frozen Four
Women’s indoor track cracks top 5 in 3 events
The Quinnipiac women’s indoor track team opened its season at the Yale Lidlifter Invitational on Saturday at Coxe Cage, placing seven athletes in the top five in three different events.
Quinnipiac’s strongest showing was in the 800-meter race. The runners took third, fourth and fifth place with junior Hannah Donadio leading the pack with a 2:25 finish. Sophomores Rebecca Smith and Alexandra Seitz followed, both running 2:28.
“I’m really excited to see how our 800-meter group will perform this season,” Quinnipiac head coach Carolyn Martin said. “They’ve already made improvements from last year and they’re running faster, so I am eager to see how this group develops.”
Junior Kaitlin Kelley finished fourth in the mile, running a time of 5:36, while sophomore Jill Humphreys followed in fifth place at 5:34.
Sophomore Paige Pallotto finished the 3,000-meter race in fourth place with a time of 10:54, while junior Martha Santandreu placed fifth in 11:11.
The Bobcats’ next meet is also at Yale, on Jan. 15 at the Yale Collegiate Invitational in New Haven.