- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Women’s indoor track cracks top 5 in 3 events
The Quinnipiac women’s indoor track team opened its season at the Yale Lidlifter Invitational on Saturday at Coxe Cage, placing seven athletes in the top five in three different events.
Quinnipiac’s strongest showing was in the 800-meter race. The runners took third, fourth and fifth place with junior Hannah Donadio leading the pack with a 2:25 finish. Sophomores Rebecca Smith and Alexandra Seitz followed, both running 2:28.
“I’m really excited to see how our 800-meter group will perform this season,” Quinnipiac head coach Carolyn Martin said. “They’ve already made improvements from last year and they’re running faster, so I am eager to see how this group develops.”
Junior Kaitlin Kelley finished fourth in the mile, running a time of 5:36, while sophomore Jill Humphreys followed in fifth place at 5:34.
Sophomore Paige Pallotto finished the 3,000-meter race in fourth place with a time of 10:54, while junior Martha Santandreu placed fifth in 11:11.
The Bobcats’ next meet is also at Yale, on Jan. 15 at the Yale Collegiate Invitational in New Haven.