- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
Women’s indoor track cracks top 5 in 3 events
The Quinnipiac women’s indoor track team opened its season at the Yale Lidlifter Invitational on Saturday at Coxe Cage, placing seven athletes in the top five in three different events.
Quinnipiac’s strongest showing was in the 800-meter race. The runners took third, fourth and fifth place with junior Hannah Donadio leading the pack with a 2:25 finish. Sophomores Rebecca Smith and Alexandra Seitz followed, both running 2:28.
“I’m really excited to see how our 800-meter group will perform this season,” Quinnipiac head coach Carolyn Martin said. “They’ve already made improvements from last year and they’re running faster, so I am eager to see how this group develops.”
Junior Kaitlin Kelley finished fourth in the mile, running a time of 5:36, while sophomore Jill Humphreys followed in fifth place at 5:34.
Sophomore Paige Pallotto finished the 3,000-meter race in fourth place with a time of 10:54, while junior Martha Santandreu placed fifth in 11:11.
The Bobcats’ next meet is also at Yale, on Jan. 15 at the Yale Collegiate Invitational in New Haven.