- Baker Dunleavy signs five-year contract extension
- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
Library coffee machine lobby picks up steam
A student concern for a coffee machine in the Arnold Bernhard Library has made waves with SGA’s sophomore class cabinet, and Charles Getchell, the library’s director, did not dismiss the idea.
“In principle I think it is a good idea,” Getchell said. “I have no objections to vended or supplied food in the building.”
The library currently has a no drinking and eating policy, but Getchell has tolerated coffee, soda and water. If a coffee machine is installed, he is willing to change the policy.
“We foresee the late-night coffee availability will allow students to study for extended periods of time without losing focus,” Class of 2013 President Ben Cloutier said.