- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
Johnson, Twyman lead men’s hoops to 88-63 win over Niagara
Johnson drains 7 trifectas, Twyman tallies 7 assists
James Johnson and Deontay Twyman led Quinnipiac’s men’s basketball team to its highest scoring output of the season in an 88-63 win over Niagara (3-9) Tuesday night at the Gallagher Center in Niagara, N.Y.
Johnson scored a game-high 23 points and hit seven 3-pointers, while Twyman finished with 19 points, seven rebounds and seven assists.
After being ineligible to play last year and first semester due to academic reasons, freshman Tevin Baskin made his Quinnipiac debut in the win. The 6-foot-6 forward played at Trinity Catholic High School and has eight years of experience on an AAU team, the New York Gauchos, which finished second in the country last year.
The Bobcats (8-2) hadn’t played a game since the Saturday before finals week when they defeated Rhode Island 73-66. Quinnipiac will play at Boston University next Wednesday at 7 p.m.