- Quinnipiac baseball splits the double-header with Canisius
- Possible parking changes announced for 2017-2018 academic school year
- Recent New York legislature may impact Quinnipiac enrollment
- Power at the plate
- Chase Priskie named 2017-18 men’s ice hockey team captain at banquet
- Peter Kiss leaving Quinnipiac men’s basketball for Rutgers
- Quinnipiac splits doubleheader against Siena
- Baseball cruises to 13-1 victory over Saint Peter’s
- Rick Seeley court documents date abuse since 2009-2010
- SGA approves 2017-2018 budgets
Kid Cudi, Ke$ha top picks for ‘Wake the Giant’
The Student Programming Board recently sent out its semiannual concert survey, and more than 1,700 Quinnipiac students voted on who’s best to “Wake the Giant” this spring.
The survey was divided into musical categories with different artist choices for each genre. Rap/hip hop is the most popular category so far, with the top artist being Kid Cudi, followed by B.O.B and Jason Derulo, according to SPB Mainstage Chair Jamie Kloss.
OAR is currently leading the rock/alternative genre, followed by Boys Like Girls and Gym Class Heroes.
After Bob Saget’s performance, it seems that many Quinnipiac students want the TD Bank Sports Center to become even dirtier, since Ke$ha is leading the pop genre, followed by 3OH!3 and Train.
“I would love to see Ke$ha come to Quinnipiac, I think everyone would enjoy her in concert because we all know her music and she’s such a great performer,” senior Theresa Maiorano said.
Kloss said Kid Cudi and Ke$ha are top requests for fill-in answers so far.
“SPB loves getting feedback from students, and our goal is always to bring a show that the campus will enjoy,” Kloss said. “The survey that we send out is for informational purposes; SPB always works to get the best acts that are attainable and available.”
SPB will most likely release concert details in February, but in the meantime students can still cast their votes on the online survey.
“It’s clear from the survey that Quinnipiac students want an upbeat spring concert,” Kloss said. “The Wake the Giant Concert is a Quinnipiac tradition, and SPB’s Mainstage Committee is planning to make this year’s show the best one yet.”
Photo credit: kidcudi.com and keshasparty.com